IGNORED

Textures on I-WAR?

avanteproject

I was looking up codes for various Jaguar games and saw this 'bonus options' code for I-WAR. It says there is an option to turn textures on or off but that it doesn't work on the retail version. Can anyone explain this? I only know of a retail version of I-WAR, is there another version?

I was looking up codes for various Jaguar games and saw this 'bonus options' code for I-WAR. It says there is an option to turn textures on or off but that it doesn't work on the retail version. Can anyone explain this? I only know of a retail version of I-WAR, is there another version?

In the pre-release beta version (IIRC, Carl of Songbird owns the only beta version) this option was active, but in the released version it was disabled, even though you can put in a code which adds this option to the menu, it doesn't work. I think Carl told me once that this does not add any textures to the game, the released version, as-is, has all textures permenantly turned on. In the beta, this can be turned to "off" and whatever textures are in the game are shut off and it would basically be just a garuad-shaded light-sourced game with no textures like Cybermorph, Aircars and Battlesphere*. Presumably there would be an increase in the frame-rate with textures turned off, limited as they are anyway.

*technically Battlesphere uses Decal-mapping®, which are limited sized textures for battlescars (some animated)and alien race logos. Aircars also uses something similiar.

Edited by Gunstar

It would be cool if the "no texture" feature worked.. And, hell, it would be cool if there was even an option to turn off the shading.. Imagine I-War running at 60fps!

It would be a major boost to those later levels that seem to run at around 10 fps. lol That's something I like about PC games. The ability to change resolution, texture detail, model detail, lighting and shadows.

Edited by avanteproject

It would be cool if the "no texture" feature worked.. And, hell, it would be cool if there was even an option to turn off the shading.. Imagine I-War running at 60fps!

Have you ever played Hover Strike: U.L. (the CD version) with the "alternate textures" code entered? It reduces the game to wire-frame like Battlezone, and it runs at least 30-60fps!

Have you ever played Hover Strike: U.L. (the CD version) with the "alternate textures" code entered? It reduces the game to wire-frame like Battlezone, and it runs at least 30-60fps!

I've not tried that code yet, anyone got a screen shot of the wire-framed Hover Strike?

I've not tried that code yet, anyone got a screen shot of the wire-framed Hover Strike?

Or better yet, how about a YouTube video? I'd like to see that in action.

That code wasn't by chance in the original Hover Strike, was it?

Or better yet, how about a YouTube video? I'd like to see that in action.

That code wasn't by chance in the original Hover Strike, was it?

Yes, the code is in the original game, but it doesn't do the same thing, instead it changes all textures to "bizzaro" textures, and I think is pretty worthless unless you just want to strain your eyes...sort of like some of the predator invisibility modes in AvP, just think of the worst one. No wire-frame here...

• 13 years later...