IGNORED

Y-cable for Colecovision/Atari joystick?

wood_jl

New to Colecovision! Been wanting one since '82 or '83 when the rich kid whose parents owner a profitable small business had "everything" including CV.

Does anybody use a Y-cable? I thought it would be cool to use the Atari stick and not plug/unplug all the time. But as it seems this hardware is inherently unreliable, I'm kind of afraid to plug in a Y-cable for fear it short something out ala Commodore 64 style.

Also, is there any other controller that the 2nd fire button works for on CV? Maybe 7800 Atari controller?

I bought Epyx 500XJ from Ebay (for Atari use) and when it got here, it has 2 fire buttons! What the hell? Dunno if this is a Sega Master System stick or 7800 stick (don't have 7800 yet). Assuming it is a Master System joystick, would you recommend plugging it in? It was kind of a hope to get a "real" joystick with 2 fire buttons going so I could enjoy this more.

Maybe I'll get used to the CV controller.

Really dig the system and the graphics are great!!! I hope it keeps working!!!!

Thanks for any input.

New to Colecovision! Been wanting one since '82 or '83 when the rich kid whose parents owner a profitable small business had "everything" including CV.

Does anybody use a Y-cable? I thought it would be cool to use the Atari stick and not plug/unplug all the time. But as it seems this hardware is inherently unreliable, I'm kind of afraid to plug in a Y-cable for fear it short something out ala Commodore 64 style.

Also, is there any other controller that the 2nd fire button works for on CV? Maybe 7800 Atari controller?

I bought Epyx 500XJ from Ebay (for Atari use) and when it got here, it has 2 fire buttons! What the hell? Dunno if this is a Sega Master System stick or 7800 stick (don't have 7800 yet). Assuming it is a Master System joystick, would you recommend plugging it in? It was kind of a hope to get a "real" joystick with 2 fire buttons going so I could enjoy this more.

Maybe I'll get used to the CV controller.

Really dig the system and the graphics are great!!! I hope it keeps working!!!!

Thanks for any input.

Might want to consider my ball knob mod for the ColecoVision Controller.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153675-colecovision-controller-rebuild-and-joystick-ball-offer/page__fromsearch__1