IGNORED

57 Atari 8-Bit books in PDF

ThumpNugget

If you live near Boise and looked north towards the mountains at Bogus Basin this last weekend you may have seen a small cloud of smoke rising towards the sky. That smoke was the created from a bonfire made entirely of Atari 8-bit books. 13,730 pages of them to be exact... Sacrilege I know! Please know that a proper eulogy was performed and that they did not die in vane. Their essence has been captured for everyone of us to enjoy. To celebrate their life and give homage for their sacrifice all you have to do is download this torrent and they will be with us forever.

The names of the dearly departed:

101 Atari Computer Tips & Tricks

Assembly Language Programming for the Atari Computers

Advanced Programming Techniques for you Atari

Adventures with the Atari

An Atari 8-bit Extra

Atari BASIC

Atari BASIC (2)

Atari BASIC Learning by Using

Atari BASIC XL Edition

Atari Fun and Games

Atari Programming with 55 Programs

Atari Games & Recreations

Atari Graphics and Arcade Game Design

Atari in Wonderland

Atari Roots

Atari Sound and Graphics

Awesome Games for your Atari Computer

BASIC Exercises for the Atari

Computer Art and Animation Atari Logo

Computer Playground

Computers for People

Computes First Book of Atari

Computes First Book of Atari Graphics

Computes Second Book of Atari

Computes Second Book of Atari Graphics

Computes Third Book of Atari

Dr Wackos Guide to Creating Arcade Games

Disk Guide Atari 400 and 800

FORTH on the Atari Learning bu Using

Free Software for you ATARI

Games Ataris Play

Games for the Atari

How to program Your Atari in 6502 Machine Language

How to use Atari Computers

I Speak BASIC to my Atari

Inside Atari BASIC

Inside Atari BASIC (2)

Itty Bitty Bytes of Space

Machine Language for Beginners

Mapping the Atari

Programming your Atari Computer

Rainy Days Activities for the Atari

The Analog Compendium

That Atari 800XL: A Practical Guide

The Atari Assembler

The Atari BASIC Sourcebook

The Atari Experience

The Atari User's Encyclopedia

The Best Atari Software

The Creative Atari

The Elementary Atari

The Second Book of Machine Language

The User's Guide to Atari

Tricky Tutorials 1-6

Understanding Atari Graphics

User's Handbook to the Atari 400/800 Computers

Your Atari Computer

And of course their tombstones:

post-12606-127129321912_thumb.jpg

Note: This torrent is about 3.36 gigs and as it is streaming from my home line(about 100K out at best) it will be somewhat slow until some people finish and help seed. There is nothing I can do about this. Also I have some cool robots that require upload bandwidth that I want to play with on Saturday so I would really like some other seeders by then so I can drop off for a bit :)

• Like 4

Hi, amazing work as is usual for you!

But somethin' happened as it's not there when you click or do a search on Pirate Bay.

I always seem to screw up the torrent up front.. but in my defense I always seem to do it in a different way.

I think the tracker information was bad in the first one.. I edited the original message with the new URL now just waiting to see if peers appear.

Downloading and if it completes, I will seed as long as I can, which likely will be all weekend, maybe longer. Thanks for this... there's some books in there I've never seen, and I have a huge collection of books (real). You always provide great services to this community.

anyone willing to burn this to a DVD? obviously I'll pay for media, postage and time :)

Ill do it if it ever finishes.... Its like xmodem protocol atm

You are at 2.2% whats the problem? :) See the true joy I get out of this is watching the suffering by dangling the carrot far enough away to cause pain... Hmm... I would expect the pace to pickup somewhat after midnight (mountain time) when my punishment from the cable company ends. Who knows you could be at 25% by morning!

As far as sending DVDs... I did make a prettied-up set for these similar to the others I've done.. I am really late on doing the SoftSides though so I wanted to go back and get them first before seeing if anyone wanted a DVD set for the books.. Also I am planning on making a nice navigatable (simple HTML) bluray that will have everything for Atari I've scanned (much more than the sets I have put up here). Anyway I am talking in circles but if someone wants a plain DVD copy send me a line and I'll do it for $3.50.

CAREFUL WITH THIS - I JUST TRIED THE LINK AND NOW HAVE A LOAD OF WINDOWS SECURITY ALERTS - RE ADMESS.TROJAN

JOY

[edit] this may be some popup scam - searching I found this...

Admess.Trojan description

If your screen is occupied by pop-ups telling you to remove Admess.Trojan, you shouldn’t worry about the trojan. Admess.Trojan is only reported by fake security programs like System Security. It supposedly detects threats in order to intimidate people into buying a full version of the tool. SystemSecurity is not worth a dime since it’s fraudulent and it doesn’t work properly.

I'm at 18.33% and it's dl'ing a little bit here and there quite slowly. But about 99% of what is left is marked as unavailable. I know this could mean nothing, as it could come back at any time. Hoping it will... the first 18% went reasonably quickly.

I'm at 18.33% and it's dl'ing a little bit here and there quite slowly. But about 99% of what is left is marked as unavailable. I know this could mean nothing, as it could come back at any time. Hoping it will... the first 18% went reasonably quickly.

It means that an update applied to my computer and decided to boot my machine (thanks microsoft!) a few hours ago so there has been no seed. I thought that would only happen on the first Tuesday of the month but what do I know? Up and running again...

CAREFUL WITH THIS - I JUST TRIED THE LINK AND NOW HAVE A LOAD OF WINDOWS SECURITY ALERTS - RE ADMESS.TROJAN

JOY

[edit] this may be some popup scam - searching I found this...

Admess.Trojan description

If your screen is occupied by pop-ups telling you to remove Admess.Trojan, you shouldn’t worry about the trojan. Admess.Trojan is only reported by fake security programs like System Security. It supposedly detects threats in order to intimidate people into buying a full version of the tool. SystemSecurity is not worth a dime since it’s fraudulent and it doesn’t work properly.

Ugh - I remember this happening last year. I don't go to any torrent sites unless I'm booted into Ubuntu and now I don't have that problem anymore. That crap installed fake security software (ITSELF, mind you!) and changed my desktop background and was attempting to extort money from me to "remove" it. Fortunately, I had [Norton] Ghost and I "Ghosted" back to the last save. I set up dual-boot Ubuntu and now I only go into Windows when I need particular software, almost never browse with it.

I **NEVER** go to any torrent sites (even Pirate Bay) now with Windows. Over-reaction? Perhaps. But then again, Ubuntu was FREE and you can go to places a lot "filthier" than Pirate Bay without a care in the world.

Sorry to get off-topic but I probably had this same feeling he did and this was the cure (for me). [More expensive solution= "buy a Mac!!"]

• Like 1