IGNORED

57 Atari 8-Bit books in PDF

ThumpNugget

Downloading now... 700Kb+, will seed practically forever. These are gonna go on my thumb drive for quick reference, or a good read. Thanks ThumpNugget!

BTW, I never got any of those BYTE Magazines. The deal flopped. :(

I would still like to do something with BYTE, just gotta find the magazines somewhere.

OK - you found them... sort of. What are you looking for?

Bob

Downloading now... 700Kb+, will seed practically forever. These are gonna go on my thumb drive for quick reference, or a good read. Thanks ThumpNugget!

I would still like to do something with BYTE, just gotta find the magazines somewhere.

Other than the Atari magazines, BYTE, Creative Computing, and Compute! were my interesting reads as a kid in the 80s. Compute! has been done. It would be super-cool to get ahold of BYTE and Creative Computing, however. I was really suprised when I heard those two titles were shut. Does anybody know when BYTE and Creative Computing shut down? I seem to remember a lot of the Creative Computing folks went to Atari Explorer magazine. Heh - there's another one that would be nice to have. When did they go belly up?

I got to about 55% and hit a wall. Seeding now, however. MY DSL totally sucks (slowest on the market, esp upload) but I can leave this running when I'm not on the computer.

Other than the Atari magazines, BYTE, Creative Computing, and Compute! were my interesting reads as a kid in the 80s. Compute! has been done. It would be super-cool to get ahold of BYTE and Creative Computing, however. I was really suprised when I heard those two titles were shut. Does anybody know when BYTE and Creative Computing shut down? I seem to remember a lot of the Creative Computing folks went to Atari Explorer magazine. Heh - there's another one that would be nice to have. When did they go belly up?

I got to about 55% and hit a wall. Seeding now, however. MY DSL totally sucks (slowest on the market, esp upload) but I can leave this running when I'm not on the computer.

Creative Computing published its last issue in December of 1985. I think BYTE lasted until July of 1998. I have about half of the creative computing mags and 65 of the BYTE mags.. Not been collecting these two for very long so I have hope completing them won't be an impossible task :)

Hit the wall after an hour. Come on Thumpnugget - hit the turbo button!

Me too. Looks like the rest of us has to depend on the 2 seeds. I see that about 30 peers have 56% also. It looks like everyone will be hitting that wall soon.

Current Wall is at 57.3% .. Like I said 7:30am tomorrow is my guess for the wall to hit 100%. Early evening is the slowest time (speed wise) of the day for me.. I am on full punishment mode from the cable company and all my neighbors are selfishly using the internet :) .... actually that should be a :sad:

Bob

Hi Bob,

ThumpNugget has started scanning in the BYTE issues he has. I was wanting to help out, and scan in ones he didn't have. I am not sure how the best way would be to scan them in. I'm weary to destroying issues to scan them in, and if you wanted them back, I'd have to get with Thump to see how he does it.

I wouldn't necessarily want them back as long as I had them on disk. If I didn't toss them in some weak moment... I think they go back to 1976?

PM me.

Bob

Bob

Hi Bob,

ThumpNugget has started scanning in the BYTE issues he has. I was wanting to help out, and scan in ones he didn't have. I am not sure how the best way would be to scan them in. I'm weary to destroying issues to scan them in, and if you wanted them back, I'd have to get with Thump to see how he does it.

Can't get anywhere with this torrent. utorrent keeps reporting "cannot perform operation on a user-mapped file" or some such.

Try running utorrent as an administrator, or change where you are saving the file to your user data area, like the Documents folder.

can you place that books on rapidshare?

i cant download it - it's veryyyy slooow.. (downloading two days)

Well I was a bit off in my esitmate.. Actually it was a very good night, I've pushed about 6 gigs so far but the big influx of the latest arrivals have been causing some resending of data already sent while they catch up to the main group. There really should be a setting that forces sending data that is least represented in the group so if there is only one seed it isn't constantly pushing the same data out to newcommers who can easily get it from the other peers..

As far as rapidshare.. There is a 200 meg limit if I remember right so it would mean uploading chunks (or rather 57 chunks) which would take me days to do (I still have that pesky upstream limit) so you would still be better served using the torrent... Its around 90% so if you start now you should whisk through it pretty quick.

[There really should be a setting that forces sending data that is least represented in the group so if there is only one seed it isn't constantly pushing the same data out to newcommers who can easily get it from the other peers..

There is - put your client in super seed mode...

can you place that books on rapidshare?

i cant download it - it's veryyyy slooow.. (downloading two days)

2 days? How long did you leave your client running? It should be only a couple of hours for you to get to the current wall at 93% on a fast network connection. My client is estimating about 3 more hours to complete. I will seed probably through the weekend when my copy is complete. My client has already U/Led 20gigs since joining last night. I would think it would be longer for someone to u/l somewhere else so you can d/l it. If it is your connection, then it would not matter where you got it from. It would be slow because the file is over 3gigs.

Edited by Almost Rice

It can seems to me that verizon dsl is not being throttled like the comcast, rr, or sbc/pacbel connections. :( Too bad I use SBC now ATT dsl at home.

If Verizon comes out with an affordable wireless plan in my area, I would give them a chance because of this alone.

Edited by Almost Rice

[There really should be a setting that forces sending data that is least represented in the group so if there is only one seed it isn't constantly pushing the same data out to newcommers who can easily get it from the other peers..

There is - put your client in super seed mode...

Ah! I wondered what the difference was. When I first created the torrent and screwed it up I just downloaded the torrent from piratebay and copied my files into the space so that it thought I was a normal downloader that had finished and it started seeding. Must be why it is not in super seed mode. I won't be able to change it until noon as I am not at home.. Most likely done by then anyway.