IGNORED

MagiCard (blue label) on eBay with no reserve

Matt Carden

• 2 weeks later...

The value in this auction was not just a Computer Magic cart, it was the other junk with it. Frankly I don't think it was absurdly high, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I think $5k would have been crazy. I think $1500-$2k on this was high/expected.

• Like 1

Frankly I don't think it was absurdly high, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I think $5k would have been crazy. I think $1500-$2k on this was high/expected.

Ian, are we looking at 2 different auctions? :?

$5k would have been crazy? The game sold for over $6k...I don't follow you. That's pretty unheard of for a MagiCard. Are we to assume the letter with it is worth $4k-$5k alone?

I guess this is what happens when you get a few bidders with essentially no limit who just have to own something.

Frankly I don't think it was absurdly high, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I think $5k would have been crazy. I think $1500-$2k on this was high/expected.

Ian, are we looking at 2 different auctions? :?

$5k would have been crazy? The game sold for over $6k...I don't follow you. That's pretty unheard of for a MagiCard. Are we to assume the letter with it is worth $4k-$5k alone?

I guess this is what happens when you get a few bidders with essentially no limit who just have to own something.

Glad I am not the only one that found Ianoids statement confusing.

I agree it is a lot of money but I have never seen a more complete and cleaner copy. It is what it is I guess. The value of this particular item at this particular time was $6,700.00 or it would not have gone for that.

I am not buying it for resale now or in the future so I am not concerned about it holding its value. Also it was not a question of "wanting it now" , I am buying it because I am on a quest to obtain every NTSC R10 game for the 2600 (I am sure I will never get to finish that quest but I will strive for it) and when one comes along that is as nice and complete as this one , I just could not pass it up.

At the end of the day the seller did find something incredible and was rewarded for it.

As far as the price goes , I think owning a part of Atari history that is as rare as a blue label magicard is awesome and I am happy to be the custodian of this for the next generation of video game historians.

Edited by Atari2600Lives