IGNORED

Air Raid! I have one!

newdrum

The actual print run is unknown, but the amount found so far seems to place Air Raid as the game with the most limited production commercially released Atari 2600 title. Very possibly only 15 or so ever made !!?

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are much rarer VCS carts than Air Raid.

The point is that most of these are PAL, hence not hyped by Americans, but trust me: they are much rarer than Air Raid.

8)

Pal???? :|

I know it confused me for a minute to. Rom means the rarer carts, Than Air Raid, are Pal. :)

That's not true anyway. There are rarer NTSC releases than Air raid. Have a look at atarimania. All the NTSC R10s listed there are all rarer than air raid ;)

Ok Guys

I have tweeked my Air Raid listing on GameGavel a bit based on many suggestions.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000382515

Of note - I've lowered the posted reserve - currently lower than last cart sold on ebay. Free Next day air shipping

Again, I will seriously consider reasonable bids of serious collectors made through the listing.

I'd love to find a good home for this very rare item.

Thanks for all your help

Andy - Nashville

Did you go back to the kid you purchased it from and ask if they had the box?

Sorry there was no kid that I bought from. It came from a joint yardsale years ago - where the "kid" was now a grownup. I no longer have any connection to any of the original people - it's been in mine for years, just stored away as a cool little plastic thing, until I heard of the CNN story on the other cart (and box) sold for $31K.

Hi Wolf and ianoid... others... Only a few hours left on my Air Raid GameGavel listing... I was coming pretty darn close to accepting the best offer made (I was hoping to get more in the range of the last known ebay sold price - as this cart is as good or better than it seemed to be).. but the fact that bids were placed on the listing seems to have removed the offers from the table. If this listing ends with no winner, no worries. I will repost in the morning as a 1 day offer only listing to give you guys another shot...

BTW - ianoid, I LOVE Oak Park! I live in Nashville, but I try to visit once a year to just walk by the FLW houses and take in the awesome neighborhood... I just visited Falling Water near Pittsburgh last weekend. I almost considered a counter offer with just enough $$ to cover a quick SWA flight up to Chicago - so I could hand deliver the cart to you! Silly, I know - but would make a great story!

Edited by newdrum

You should have put it on ebay...you would have got a lot higher price ;)

Just wanted support Mike at GG if possible. I may go to ebay as a final option - but their fees suck.

As I mention, I almost took the highest offer but then someone place a bid and that removed the option for bids (I've never used GG before) - then no one bid to to the level of the previous high offer - ahh

SO, I have relisted to run through Sunday Midnight CST

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000384677

Reserve is set to the amount of the previous high offer (you should know who you are : )

Buy Now is set to the amount of the last AirRaid cart sold on Ebay

Great Cart in Great Shape in Cool Box- Ready for the serious collector.

SO, the relist just ended today - with the GG site going down offline for the final, critical 15 minutes of the listing?! Very odd.

I've been contacted by another ebayer with serious interest. Looks like ebay will be the way to go on this. I just hate giving ebay such a cut of things. Really wanted to favor the smaller site. Too bad.

If you do decide to sell I would do what the others mentioned to wait till none are left on eBay then sell it. Dose anymore remember how much the Air raid with the original box sold for not to long ago?

Edited by Wasteland

If you do decide to sell I would do what the others mentioned to wait till none are left on eBay then sell it. Dose anymore remember how much the Air raid with the original box sold for not to long ago?

To my knowledge, their have not been any other Air Raid carts found or listed for sale since auction 300417876289 ended Apr 24, 201019:20:32 PDT for 2,938.98 ( no box )

Do we seriously need two threads promoting the same blue air raid cart and auction?

It is a bit of a task to jump back and fourth. This was my original posting for some time. I think Mike from GG started the other one and some users have jumped in there instead.

Do we seriously need two threads promoting the same blue air raid cart and auction?

It is a bit of a task to jump back and fourth. This was my original posting for some time. I think Mike from GG started the other one and some users have jumped in there instead.

cart is sold, drama is over, bye-bye to all, ta-ta, toodles!

• Like 2