IGNORED

FREE Atari 5200 System for anyone who wants it

MrRetroGamer

Of course, the catch is, they don't work properly! I have 3 non-working 5200 consoles I will give away for FREE to anyone who wants to pay for shipping for one or more of them. I have:

4 port - good cosmetic condition, cart boots up but I get no response from controller port(s)

4 port - missing controller cover, power light comes on but no picture

2 port - cracked controller cover (could be glued) power light comes on, no picture.

This is for the bare console ONLY, no other parts are included (no adapters, controllers, switchboxes). I hate to trash them, but if no one wants them they will be tossed in the garbage. :sad: Respond here or PM if interested. Shipping would be calculated thru USPS from NYC.

:o WOW! :o I can't believe that I got several inquiries already! OK, I will contact the first 3 who responded in order to give them a choice on which one they want. If anyone then decides to change their mind, I will post here with that info. But for now, it looks like they have been spoken for. Thanks to all who responded!

id like the one with the port problems if its possible

Too late man, i tried to get that one, and it was already gone and I replied like a day before you. And I'm pretty sure I snatched up the 2 port, and somebody may have gotten the other one too. He may have an extra one left though.

4 port - good cosmetic condition, cart boots up but I get no response from controller port(s)

2 port - cracked controller cover (could be glued) power light comes on, no picture.

OK, I have the 4 port with the bad ports for vespertillio. The 2 port with the cracked controller cover to IceCold. The other 4 port missing the controller cover to The Young Game Collector. Again, keep in mind these are NOT WORKING and come with NO ACCESSORIES of any kind. I have all 3 boxed up and will get shipping info before the end of the week. I would like to have these shipped on Friday or Saturday of this week. I will try to use Media Mail to ship these. I've never shipped a system that way but it is the least expensive. If the post office doesn't allow the shipment that way, then it will have to go Parcel Post or Priority which will cost more. The shipping amount I quote will include a small handling fee to cover my time and materials. If there is a problem with this, let me know now and I can offer the free console to someone else.

I should mention that The Young Game Collector has indicated he is interested but has not provided the info I requested regarding his full address and payment preference. If I don't hear back soon from him, I will make that unit available to someone else.

Is anyone interested enough to want the last unit I have for $10 s/h?

I cannot wait for the person who claimed this unit to come forward with the info I asked for days ago. :roll: So, I guess they are out. I'd like to mail this on SATURDAY morning and hope that a paypal payment can be arranged before that time. Remember, it is NOT WORKING and comes with nothing else.

The other two units were shipped out today - hope you guys enjoy! :D

what's a controller cover?

i'm interested...

At the back of the console there is a space that is supposed to store the two controllers, and there is a hinged cover that hides them. This unit does not have that cover. Shipping to Canada on this 7 or 8 pound beast will be close to double the $10 I quoted above and would be by surface mail. I'm not sure that it's worth $20 to ship this to you since it is non-working, but that is your call.