IGNORED

Newly created trades page, Thanks for the advice moycon.

General Atarian

Well I was thinking about possibly wanting some of that stuff, but there are numerous reasons that I don't. 1. I do not have a digital camera, so how do I take a picture of the stuff we're trading. Plus, why would I have to take a picture if I'm trading you a low price item? 2. I do not like giving out my phone number for a variety of reasons. 3. The gas station that sold money orders near me just closed. If I sent a check, I'd let you wait to make sure it clears, so why must I use a money order(I understand this one more than the others though).

If I provide some references(I know Lemmi would vouch for me, I have an ebay account with feedback, Zangardo could vouch for me, oesii could vouch for me, and a variety of other people), so why would I have to provide pictures and do all this other stuff? I know a lot of people have cameras, but I don't, so does that mean I can't even trade you $1 worth of items?

I just replied to your other post about references. Didn't see this one until now. I still think you should just create a GameTZ user account and reference back to your site for pictures & any additional info you want to provide.

Also I'm not sure what browser you're using, but I'm running IE6 with a screen size of 1024 x 768 Several of your pictures are covering text. Not sure what's causing this, but looks like it could use some more work.

Cool, Icecold seems to get alot of good ref's. I just put the "terms" on the site because of all the bad things I have seen across the boards lately. like gamerthegreek and the Jun's guy.

I took the "terms" off my site. I guess i was just being a tight ass, and didnt want to end up getting screwed again.

I will trade as I normally did. On Faith. Sorry to be uptight as I did, I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I was wrong, I admit I went overboard. Let's forget it, shall we?

Sorry Icecold, didn't mean to piss you off, are we still on? Hope so.

I see nothing wrong with what you did. I mean, if folks don't like your terms...then they don't have to trade/buy/sell with you right?

That said, perhaps you could say something like this:

"Due to the number of times I've been burnt in deals, I would prefer to see an actual picture of the item(s) you're sending. In the event you cannot provide an actual picture, please contact me and we still may be able to work something out."

Also, you could always do something similar to what other online merchants do in that if they are a first time buyer, they must pay via credit card or something (something that is guaranteed funds for you). After that, they can then obtain access to other methods.

I guess what I'm saying is this: Stick by your standards. That way you don't get burnt. But just don't sound so harsh about it as you'll end up turning away many a great customers! :D

Cap

It's not a very big deal, and I know how bad it must suck to be burnt(have been a few times, but on small money items). The only reason I put a reply is I do not have a digital camera and you have some stuff I'd think about trading for. And I figure if I provide enough references then it should be okay.

If we're talking a high money item(I consider anything over $30 a high money item), then yeah the terms sound okay, but I just thought they seemed to be a little strict for something like a 1 game trade. However you want to trade is your business though, I just thought I'd mention that I wouldn't even be able to trade under those conditions.