IGNORED

Big ST Haul

Earlier this week I found an ad on Craigslist for some Atari ST computers and monitors. Unfortunately they were located over 3 hours away from me, but today I decided to go take a leisurely drive out there and see what I could find. Here's what I walked away with

Hardware

---------

520 ST

520 STFM

520 STE

Megafile 30

2x SF354 Disk Drives

GTS-100 Disk Drive

Toad File Hard Drive Enclosure (very odd looking)

SM124 Monitor

2x SC1224 Monitors (one Goldstar made)

SC1435 Monitor

Odd gray monitor with Atari name and logo on the front (says made by Quadrant Components Inc.)

Mouse Master

Migraph Hand Scanner

3x Atari Mice

Newidea Mouse (blue and black)

A whole mess of cables and plugs

...and a Radius Page View monitor for a Mac (no idea how it got in there)

Software (all boxed)

--------------------

Little Computer People

Infidel

Starcross

RBI Baseball 2

Sub Battle Simulator

Ultima II (box is damaged unfortunately)

SDI

Stratego

F-15 Strike Eagle II

Their Finest Hour

Star Trek - Rebel Universe

Medieval Chess

Hippo Almanac

Multi-Desk Deluxe

DVT VCR Hard Drive Back-Up System (no hardware)

Spectre GCR (no hardware)

Super Space Invaders

Oids

Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back

Team Yankee

Falcon

Microsoft Write (in odd official Atari gray case)

Sim City/Populous

Battle Chess

Page Stream

Time Works

Degas Elite

Word Flair

...and hundreds of loose disks

All for FREE. The whole reason I went up there was for the SC1435 monitor. The rest of the stuff will be for sale, but I need to test it all first. Unless anyone is really interested in them, the productivity software is going in the trash on Thursday as it's pretty useless and undesirable.

I think the STE might have an accelerator in it. I found the box for it (an ICD STE accelerator) and there was only one STE in the lot, but I don't know how to tell.

Pictures to follow soon.

Tempest

• Like 1

An astounding and marvelous find - congratulations!

I have to admit to being jealous when I see a post like this.

Never have made a find like this... Oh well... I'm still happy

to see Atari stuff going to someone who will do something with

it, or at the very least see that it winds up with other Atari

fans.

I'm glad for that! :)

Can I use the SC1435 with a standard Atari ST? It has an RGB out, I assume there's a cable in my pile that converts this to the Atari ST pinout?

Tempest

Yes it will work with an ST (or Amiga) You need the special cable for the ST though. It has a RCA on one end where it plugs into the monitors Audio RCA. B&C might sell them. I have one with my SC1435 its gray. ....or you could make one yourself but rather just spend the ~$30 for one! Easier. ;)

Ok mystery solved on the gray monitor, it's a monochrome monitor. I guess these guys either had permission from Atari to use their name and logo or just did it anyway. It says it was manufactured in 1992.

Everything seemed to work except for the SM124 (has some sort of sync issue and rolls) and the two external Atari disk drives (SF354). I don't know if any of that is fixable or not. One of the Atari mice is doesn't work very well, but it's probably just gummed up.

Strangely the STFM and the STE would only boot into TOS when I had a disk in the drive. Otherwise they'd just sit there with the disk drive light running. If I had a disk in the drive they would boot right up. Is this normal? My experience with older ST's is very limited.

Picture time! Sorry in advance for the crappy quality of the pictures.

520ST (a little yellowed)

520STE

520STFM

Megafile 30

Mystery Monochrome Monitor

SC1224 (Goldstar)

SC1224 (JVC)

GTS-100 Disk Drive

Toad File (Front)

Toad File (Back)

Toad File (Insides)

Games #1

Games #2

Games #3

Hand Scanner

Tempest

Strangely the STFM and the STE would only boot into TOS when I had a disk in the drive. Otherwise they'd just sit there with the disk drive light running. If I had a disk in the drive they would boot right up. Is this normal? My experience with older ST's is very limited.

Not strange at all, that is normal.(For ST's anyway) If you leave it alone GEM will eventually come up. Like in 1 min or so.

That strange monitor is indeed an Atari monitor, I believe it was popular in Canada and Europe... I have seen it on the net from outside the USA...

Edited by tjlazer

That strange monitor is indeed an Atari monitor, I believe it was popular in Canada and Europe... I have seen it on the net from outside the USA...

Yep. Genuine Atari monochrome display. I've got the exact same one in my basement.

I am interested in the Megafile hard drive and a few other items.

I would like.

Megafile 30

spectre gcr

520 stfm

pagestream

ms write

medeival chess

dungeon master

those productivity apps rather than trash them I may take them off your hands.

thanks Thomas

Edited by macsociety

I would really like to have that Toad File case,as they were sold about 15 miles from my house.I knew Dave and Jen Troy (and Ray!) :)

So what is it exactly? A HD enclosure? If you want it send me a PM and we can work something out.

Tempest

I found some books in the bottom of one of the boxes that people might be interested in. They're by Abacus and fairly large. One is ST Tricks, can't recall the other title now but it was an 'inside the ST' type book. I'll add them to the list.

Tempest

I found some books in the bottom of one of the boxes that people might be interested in. They're by Abacus and fairly large. One is ST Tricks, can't recall the other title now but it was an 'inside the ST' type book. I'll add them to the list.

Tempest

PM Sent