IGNORED

Another CIB "Atlantis II"

DeusExMachina

LOL, the auction has now taken another turn. Now the owner is admitting to not playing it, and has raised the starting price to $3,500 opening bid, and $10,000 Buy It Now. Person states that it is real because "The competition brochure assures this is the original Atlantis 2 as well the silver box, and archived photo's"

And to top it off, they are now hijacking photo's. The only way this auction can get better is if they start putting up their psychological test results, and social security number. ;)

Okay, this guy is now using images from AtariAge showing the Atlantis box with the "Atlantis II" sticker. I would appreciate people writing him to let him know that he does NOT have an Atlantis II cartridge, that he is misrepresenting his auction in his description and by using pictures without permission from other sites, and that his auction is being reported to eBay. I will be writing him now.

..Al

I sent the seller a message and got a response within five minutes:

I'm sorry I was only using these as reference.

I will remove the photos.

The first thing I said was you have a common Atlantis cartridge, NOT an Atlantis II and that you are intentionally misleading people. I told him the "NEW" on the box was referring to the initial run of Atlantis being a "new" game and later runs would remove "NEW" from the box. I also asked him to remove any images he took from other websites (including AtariAge) without permission. I then reported the auction to eBay.

..Al

I sent the seller a message and got a response within five minutes:

I'm sorry I was only using these as reference.

I will remove the photos.

The first thing I said was you have a common Atlantis cartridge, NOT an Atlantis II and that you are intentionally misleading people. I told him the "NEW" on the box was referring to the initial run of Atlantis being a "new" game and later runs would remove "NEW" from the box. I also asked him to remove any images he took from other websites (including AtariAge) without permission. I then reported the auction to eBay.

..Al

I also sent him that explanantion and more information on the game and here is the response I got:

How do you make this assumption?

The game is exactly what appears in research.

-Aviones

- aviones

He probably believes it is legitimate; just worked up thinking he has an Atlantis II and is going to hit payday. I told him the only way to prove it would be to play it. He has 100% feedback, but they are all as a buyer. I think he really believes he has an Atlantis II based on what he has read :sad:

Cheers, FB :cool:

I have been emailing back and forth with him; nice fellow. He is not a liar or a scammer, but really did think he had an Atlantis II cart; you know that feeling when you think you have something rare and then find out it is not :( I kind of feel bad for him. I suggested he change the auction and take the pics down. Cheers, FB :cool: