IGNORED

Another CIB "Atlantis II"

DeusExMachina

How is the best way to tell an Atlantis II from the original without playing it? I know the box has the sticker on it, but I'm talking about the cart only.

It is the night scene label andI think it may have a different weight...CPUWIZ??? :ponder:

Nope, nothing, nada, zip can tell you which one it is. Even when you open it, it could still be just Atlantis.

How is the best way to tell an Atlantis II from the original without playing it? I know the box has the sticker on it, but I'm talking about the cart only.

It is the night scene label andI think it may have a different weight...CPUWIZ??? :ponder:

Nope, nothing, nada, zip can tell you which one it is. Even when you open it, it could still be just Atlantis.

So , the only definite way to know is to play the game?

Yep.

So if I see one loose, I guess I should just buy it and take the chance every time (as long as its cheap). icon_smile.gif

I'm sure there are already people who test every Atlantis cart they get their hands on for this very reason. icon_smile.gif

..Al

Always have and always will. Always buy every Atlantis cart at tag sales, flea markets, thrifts, etc. 10 years and no luck. icon_smile.gif

Yep.

So if I see one loose, I guess I should just buy it and take the chance every time (as long as its cheap). :)

I'm sure there are already people who test every Atlantis cart they get their hands on for this very reason. :)

..Al

And every Space Chase...

Yep.

So if I see one loose, I guess I should just buy it and take the chance every time (as long as its cheap). :)

I'm sure there are already people who test every Atlantis cart they get their hands on for this very reason. :)

..Al

Yeah true. :) How many AII's were made anyway?

Yep.

..Al

Yeah true. :) How many AII's were made anyway?

Todd Rogers personally told me 25 carts were made with a slight chance at 50. So anywhere from 25 to 50. Todd was the PR guy for Atlantis, so it is not out of the question for him to have inside info. Meanguns once stated only 10 were made. But then again he was known for very extreme statements. I talked to Rob Fulop, and he has forgotten the exact number, but knows that it was "Not many".

Besides that I have not had any other information, so take it the way you want.

Edit: Originally I was not going to talk about Atlantis II for 5 years, but then I realized something. I run the Atlantis II registry, so it makes it impossible not too talk about it if I want an accurate representation for the registry. I decided to modify this to, I will not argue about Atlantis II for 5 years. A goal much more attainable.

This is starting to become a habit...

Yet another one!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1704797187921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170479718792&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yay, yet another one where images and text are ripped directly from AtariAge. :ponder: I may have to start watermarking images of these rare games to slow people like this down.

..Al

At least he admits they aren't his..... :ponder:

Question:

Dear outcast7272,

Put it this way. The only people seriously considering spending 10k on a cart - are collectors. And collectors know what they are looking at.

At least it's a good laugh within the Atari community, but truely the time you spent putting this listing together is time well wasted.

- nofrills100

Response:

Dear nofrills100,

well that's your opinion,but you wasted you on time with this comment lol!

- outcast7272

Edited by nofrills100

I sent him a message and he told me he would prove it was Atlantis II, So now he has some pictures of a Goodwill receipt where he bought the game.

I just replied, told there was no way anyone would buy his cart for 10k without some kind of verification that it was AII

I don't think he is trying to scam either, just confused. Told him to come on the forums here if he believes it to be real.

I sent him a message and he told me he would prove it was Atlantis II, So now he has some pictures of a Goodwill receipt where he bought the game.

I just replied, told there was no way anyone would buy his cart for 10k without some kind of verification that it was AII

I don't think he is trying to scam either, just confused. Told him to come on the forums here if he believes it to be real.

No doubt... if he is really convinced it's worth $10k, it would be really worth it for him to get a 2600 and do whatever else it takes to confirm it. Hopefully he does, so either we can eat crow, or much more likely, have him come down from the high. I can see where this confusion can happen for someone outside the hobby, especially with that particular cart. BTW, a loose (real) Atlantis II doesn't even go for $10k, does it? I thought it was around half-that-ish or so?

That Goodwill receipt is totally convincing though! :roll: Not sure why he thinks that's any sort of proof, other than presumably that it's his photo.