IGNORED

"His Dark Majesty"

Excellent work on the translation, Mr. Jefferson! :thumbsup: :)

Who was the original writer for the game's text?

I believe it was Ilmenit-the basic story and dialog is mostly his, I just translated it and tried to keep the general feeling. I was playing through it a bit last night and of course, I have buyer's remorse about the introductory story... it could be better.

@Ilmenit: Also, I noticed an error that I thought I fixed in level 3: It should read "Why should we let..." rather than "Why we should let...". There's probably more too later on, so I'll try to play through the levels and see what the English looks like. Oh, and I noticed that it doesn't load with the MyIDE OS (v4.4) for some reason, even when loading from APE... chokes after reading sector 834. Works fine with stock 800XL NTSC OS.

Anyway, playing it now on real hardware, it also seems a bit faster than the demo versions I saw early on, too!

Edited by Shawn Jefferson

It was a really hard and time consuming to create the game and I'm really happy reading all your positive comments! :)

All known bugs will be fixed in the next release (version 1.1). The problem mentioned above (with Altirra emulator) is solved, however there is another one (the game crashes after a few levels). We will have to investigate it more.

Did anyone win the game? :)

The new version 1.01 (attached) should work fine under the newest Altirra emulator.

Remember to change the disk drive to R/W to make saving progress possible. SIO Patch + Burst transfer will make the disk operations faster.

Phaeron, could you add a command line option to make the disk-drive R/W? I could prepare then a pack to play the game with Altirra easily.

hdm1_01.atr

Edited by ilmenit
  • Like 1

The new version 1.01 (attached) should work fine under the newest Altirra emulator.

Remember to change the disk drive to R/W to make saving progress possible. SIO Patch + Burst transfer will make the disk operations faster.

Phaeron, could you add a command line option to make the disk-drive R/W? I could prepare then a pack to play the game with Altirra easily.

Yup, use /bootrw or /bootvrw with this version:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.7-test4.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-1.7-test4-src.zip

It appears that the remaining issues of unaccelerated disk load and not working with the HLE kernel are due to HDM copying portions of kernel ROM to RAM -- the HLE kernel has its routines at different addresses and Altirra does not allow SIO acceleration in RAM since it cannot tell whether it is safe to do so (it uses address hooks rather than patching). I can't solve the kernel incompatibility realistically, but I might be able to make accelerated load work by adding a virtual PBI device.

This is version 1.0 without some gfx and with some known bugs - Ilmenit will fix in next version.

I've seen the screenshots with the pictures with the white background in various places, but I never see these in the actual game itself?

According to the original post...