ctirad

200 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in:

• RAM 320XL naked version
    • RAM 320XL full version
    • RAM 320XE
    • RAM 576+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have received my enclosed RAM320XL (Standard with Powercable).

I will testing in the evening, but i need some Test-Software. From where can i get it?

I have today not really experiences with a RAM-Expansion on XL, use it only as RamDisk, but will use the extra RAM in own Programs.

In the late 80s, when it build the 320KB-Expansion from german "ATARI-Magazin", i have not the nessarary Infos the use the extra RAM - i was a lonely ATARI-User in a C=64 and Amstrad CPC-World.

Ctirad, i can't remember: Is the RAM320XL compatible with CompyShop or RAMBO (or switchable)?

It is possible to explain by Software witch kind of RAM-Expansion is installed (Size and Compatibility)?

Edited by EightBitWitch

Numen and other large demos should utilise most of the extra RAM.

PBI RAM expansions can't do seperate Antic/CPU access so won't be fully 130XE compatible or likewise work like any internal expansions that allow seperate Antic access.

Does anybody have a comprehensive list of stuff that actually utilized separate ANTIC/CPU access? I think it is incredibly short....on the order of 2 or 3 programs? A few demos? But most of the 130XE expansions - beyond the stock 128k - also throw this mode away too, right? I remember it being referred to as "Antic Enhanced Mode" back in the day. Just keep a stock 130XE around for that stuff.

Numen and other large demos should utilise most of the extra RAM.

PBI RAM expansions can't do seperate Antic/CPU access so won't be fully 130XE compatible or likewise work like any internal expansions that allow seperate Antic access.

Does anybody have a comprehensive list of stuff that actually utilized separate ANTIC/CPU access? I think it is incredibly short....on the order of 2 or 3 programs? A few demos? But most of the 130XE expansions - beyond the stock 128k - also throw this mode away too, right? I remember it being referred to as "Antic Enhanced Mode" back in the day. Just keep a stock 130XE around for that stuff.

As far as I remember:

- Envision 128k

- Video Blitz (or something like that).

Mine just arrived. 64K 600XL hangs on boot with the unit plugged in. Will have to investigate later...

Try to push the card as deep as possible or replug it. The connectors in ataris are a few decades old, thus bad contacts are quite common.

Try to push the card as deep as possible or replug it. The connectors in ataris are a few decades old, thus bad contacts are quite common.

The contacts are extremely ropey, on close inspection. I just fiddled with it a bit and rammed it home, as t'were, and it works great now. It's the most elegant of external upgrades, and beautiful in its simplicity. Thanks! :)

The contacts are extremely ropey, on close inspection. I just fiddled with it a bit and rammed it home, as t'were, and it works great now. It's the most elegant of external upgrades, and beautiful in its simplicity. Thanks! :)

Did you get the cased unit? Need pics to sustain me while I wait !!!

Here you go:

post-21964-127912347131_thumb.jpg

And to prove it works, LW 3.11 with 10 x 16K text banks:

post-21964-127912347429_thumb.jpg

Didn't manage to catch the blue LED coming on with the phone camera - shame! Apologies for the state of my desk... icon_smile.gif

Very nice! Enjoying this vicariously, as I wait.

But now that XM301 case does not match the computer since you're using 800XL. I suggest re-casing the SIO2SD. How about putting it into Atari 1030 modem case for such use, and Atari 835 case for 400/800? Pics of all this stuff (when you complete it), please!

XM301 case does not match the computer since you're using 800XL. I suggest re-casing the SIO2SD. How about putting it into Atari 1030 modem case for such use, and Atari 835 case for 400/800? Pics of all this stuff (when you complete it), please!

Quite so (it's a 600XL, though). I have another SIO2SD PCB of my own which I will finish as soon as the SD card slots arrive, enabling me to finish the two units I'm working on for other people. My second unit is going into a 1064 case if I can't find a 1030 modem case (latter is preferable). As for the XL style monitor, I have a choice of beige 1084S monitors in the cupboard... :D

Thanks for the pics Jon. Can't wait for mine now!

BTW - Don't apologise for your desk, mine looks similar. It seems that no matter how many times I tidy up, doing any kind of work returns it to this state. :)

Edited by spookt

Thanks for the pics Jon. Can't wait for mine now!

BTW - Don't apologise for your desk, mine looks similar. It seems that no matter how many times I tidy up, doing any kind of work returns it to this state. icon_smile.gif

LOL. My wife's opinion of my desk is prolifically voiced. It was meant for ONE 130XE, ONE monitor, and an SIO2SD. At the moment, it carries a 600XL, 130XE, LCD monitor, SM124 monitor, Atari STE, XF551, 1050, XM301/SIO2SD, two WIP SIO2SD/XM301s, and an Amiga 500 Plus on top of the mono monitor!

Then, on the shelves underneath... icon_smile.gif

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

List updated! Here's the most important part of the entire list:

wood_jl 2x standard + 2x pigtail (paid, sent)

Too bad I'll be in New York for a little while, when this thing gets here. Good thing there'll be someone here to check the mail!!!! This makes me want to cancel my vacation trip now, damnit.

Oh yeah, how about the rest of the list?

kjmann 3x bare (paid, sent)

Syfo-Dyas 2x standard

wood_jl 2x standard + 2x pigtail (paid, sent)

oracle_jedi 1x standard + pigtail (paid, sent)

David_P 1x bare,1x standard+2x pigtail (paid, sent)

8bitguy1 1x standard (paid, sent)

spookt 2x standard (paid, sent)

Guitarman 1x standard + pigtail (paid, sent)

rdea6 1x standard, 1x bare (paid sent)

WIZZARD77 1x standard + pigtail (paid, sent)

Havok69 1x standard (paid, sent)

remowilliams 1x standard + pigtail (paid)

walter_J64bit 1x standard (paid, sent)

Larry 2x standard (paid, sent)

Spancho 2x standard (paid)

Foster 1x standard + pigtail (paid, sent)

Bill_Loguidice 1x standard + pigtail (paid, sent)

wizardnj 1x standard + pigtail (paid)

rchennau 1x standard (paid)

Sleepy 1x standard (paid)

beamer320i 1x standard + pigtail (paid)

Wilheim 3x standard + 3x pigtail (paid)

Preppie!! 1x standard

Defender II 4x standard, 2x bare, 2x pigtail

Rybags 1x standard?

HoH 1x standard

Mine just arrived. 64K 600XL hangs on boot with the unit plugged in. Will have to investigate later...

Hi ctirad,

I would like to ask you if it is possible to order one boxed device - for atari 800xl pal version?

thanks tomo