ctirad

200 members have voted

1. 1. I'm interested in:

• RAM 320XL naked version
    • RAM 320XL full version
    • RAM 320XE
    • RAM 576+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Plan you a Version with 576 and/or 1088KB?

Actually, it is not possible for an external expansion. At least not for the standard PORTB banking. If you want more than 320kB and/or differnet banking scheme, you can wait for the internal RAM576+ or use another available expansion.

Didn't see anything about this posted -- do you know if any version of the MyIDE will/should work, since that appears to be the only type of a hard drive that would be available with the upgrade?

I see no reason why it should not work with myide.

BTW, there are many other hard drive possibilities for SIO bus, eg. Sdrive.

Great! Thanks for the reply.

-Larry

Didn't see anything about this posted -- do you know if any version of the MyIDE will/should work, since that appears to be the only type of a hard drive that would be available with the upgrade?

I see no reason why it should not work with myide.

BTW, there are many other hard drive possibilities for SIO bus, eg. Sdrive.

Edited by Larry

I've had my NIB PAL 800XL (B&C Computervisions) waiting for this!! I can't wait to run all the Euro software!! To finally run NUMEN on real hardware will be very pleasing!!! :) :) :)

Where is pic of the enlcosure?

Edited by wood_jl

Hi Ctirad-

My PM and order for two standard to you yesterday AM says "unread" (and I'm not on the current order list) so I'll ask here.

Are you planning to use PayPal to handle the international transactions (or)?

Thanks,

Larry

My PM and order for two standard to you yesterday AM says "unread" (and I'm not on the current order list) so I'll ask here.

Everything is OK. All PMs are forwarded to my email, so I actually have read them even if they are marked as "unread" in the forum. I will update the order list tonight.

Currently I contacted only the people, who ordered the bare version, because standard one needs some additional work, which will take a few days.

Are you planning to use PayPal to handle the international transactions (or)?

Paypal, definitely.

BTW, The shipping costs are 4€ for Europe and 5€ for USA.

Hi all,

I just updated the order list again, so please chceck if it's correct. I have also note for those who will send me the payment in the future: Please add your nick into note, so I can easily pair your payment with a particular person from the forum without an additional heuristic ;)

And now some bad news. Yesterday I injured a thumb on my right hand, which means the standard versions will be delayed by a few days or maybe a week, because I cannot properly handle the tools needed for finalization of the cases. I'm so sorry for that. So there is at least a photo with a expansions in a various states of the assembling process.

post-21370-127767015167_thumb.jpeg

No Problem, i can wait.

Valerie

Hi all,

I just updated the order list again, so please chceck if it's correct. I have also note for those who will send me the payment in the future: Please add your nick into note, so I can easily pair your payment with a particular person from the forum without an additional heuristic ;)

And now some bad news. Yesterday I injured a thumb on my right hand, which means the standard versions will be delayed by a few days or maybe a week, because I cannot properly handle the tools needed for finalization of the cases. I'm so sorry for that. So there is at least a photo with a expansions in a various states of the assembling process.

No worries about the delay; take your time getting better.

In the meantime, can you post a couple of clearer pictures on where to solder a wire in to get power to this internally?

Here is a link to the PBI pinout. It shows the pins that carry the +5 on the 600XL (pin 47 & 48). You should be able to pull the +5 from pin 1, 4 or 6 of the power supply jack.

Atari PBI Pinout

Atari Various Pinouts

Here is a link to the PBI pinout. It shows the pins that carry the +5 on the 600XL (pin 47 & 48). You should be able to pull the +5 from pin 1, 4 or 6 of the power supply jack.

Atari PBI Pinout

Atari Various Pinouts

Thanks for the links. So if I understand correctly, in the previous picture of the wire, it is connected to pin 47 and then to the capacitor. Looks easy enough. I'll probably pull the voltage from the power supply jack, I like the idea of as short a wire as possible to get the job done.

RAM 320XL uses just the upper Vcc pin (second from the left if you look from the front). The other pin is leaved unconnected.

For the 5V there are a lot of possibilities on the motherboard. If you already have main shielding removed like me, the trace and cap next to the cartridge port (see picture several posts above) is a good place. If you don't want to remove the shielding, you can use one of the bigger electrolytic caps near the power switch. Howewer taking the 5V directly from the power connector is generally a bad idea. You don't be able to switch the expansion off or even reset the computer then ;)

BTW, the funny thing is, that the card can work even without any dedicated power connected. I was fisrt shocked when I noticed it, but the explanation is quite simple. The CPLD chip has diodes on its inputs, which connects log "1" voltage to power rail and the log "0" to GND. This gives about 2.6V and enough current to power the card quite reliably :cool: