IGNORED

Ace Combat 6 flight stick, who has one, what do you think?

Hello

I want the Ace Combat 6 Flight stick bundle, man that looks sweet :lust: For some reason I do not ever remember these being for sale in stores, must have missed them somehow. Anyways, who has one and what do you think? I would love to buy one, I would offer $100 shipped for a boxed set, or if you think it's worth more let me know your asking price. What did these cost when they came out? Couldn't have been cheap. Well, hopefully I'll "land" one - lol, let me know what you think! :)

If you just want it to use it rather then for sticking up on a shelf as a static display, I would just get the Saitek Aviator stick. It's decent, is widely available new, and even has some advantages over the Ace Combat stick at a fraction of the price.

As I recall with some guys that have used both with IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the Saitek stick was a more responsive stick with a smaller deadzone then the Ace Combat stick. The Ace Combat stick has a large deadzone meaning you have to move the stick a fair bit to input even a slight control adjustment. However, the throttle on the Saitek stick is in a poor position compared to the Ace Combat stick.

I've been pleased with my Saitek Aviator and from the impressions I've seen of those that own both and have tried them out in various games, the Ace Combat stick probably isn't worth the premium it goes for just for the slight advantages it offers over the Saitek.

Edited by Atariboy

If you just want it to use it rather then for sticking up on a shelf as a static display, I would just get the Saitek Aviator stick. It's decent, is widely available new, and even has some advantages over the Ace Combat stick at a fraction of the price.

As I recall with some guys that have used both with IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the Saitek stick was a more responsive stick with a smaller deadzone then the Ace Combat stick. The Ace Combat stick has a large deadzone meaning you have to move the stick a fair bit to input even a slight control adjustment. However, the throttle on the Saitek stick is in a poor position compared to the Ace Combat stick.

I've been pleased with my Saitek Aviator and from the impressions I've seen of those that own both and have tried them out in various games, the Ace Combat stick probably isn't worth the premium it goes for just for the slight advantages it offers over the Saitek.

It looks cool but the location of the throttle looks annoying. I like how the flight stick seperates in to 2 pieces. I can sit in my arm chair and relax with each piece resting on the arms of the chair so I can save my strength to kick some serious ass!

• 10 months later...

Bump to old thread!

I was wondering if any users here have this?

Does it work with any other games, in addition to Ace Combat 6? That would be extremely nice!

I have the Playstation 2 "Ace Combat 5" bundle - which came with a very similar (albeit different colored) stick. Fortunately, it works not only with Ace Combat 5, but also with Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, and Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies.

So while 3 games ain't a lot, it's better than one, considering storing that behemoth. Additionally, there are unsanctioned drivers available that let the PS2 version (called "Ace Combat Flightstick 2" (there was a "1" released in Japan)) work on Windows XP, at least. Are there Windows drivers for the Xbox version?

I love these controls, but they're not cheap, and having the extra games and extra utility can put the sacrifice of obtaining and having one over the top.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump to old thread!

I was wondering if any users here have this?

Does it work with any other games, in addition to Ace Combat 6? That would be extremely nice!

I have the Playstation 2 "Ace Combat 5" bundle - which came with a very similar (albeit different colored) stick. Fortunately, it works not only with Ace Combat 5, but also with Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, and Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies.

So while 3 games ain't a lot, it's better than one, considering storing that behemoth. Additionally, there are unsanctioned drivers available that let the PS2 version (called "Ace Combat Flightstick 2" (there was a "1" released in Japan)) work on Windows XP, at least. Are there Windows drivers for the Xbox version?

I love these controls, but they're not cheap, and having the extra games and extra utility can put the sacrifice of obtaining and having one over the top.

Are you asking if Ace edge works with other 360 games? Yes, I can confirm it works with both HAWX games, IL-2, and Apache air assualt (awsome game) The Ace edge is a very nice controller..though the color face buttons feel cheap.