IGNORED

Laura

The mix of "Robbo" game, "Boulder Dash" and some new ideas from Larek in game "Laura", just developed:

http://www.arsoft.netstrefa.pl/projektlaura.htm

Music for test purposes only.

That intro music is really cool.

Music from "Wings of Death" on ST/STE, by Jochan Hippel, converted for Pokey by Miker.

http://home.wtal.de/gmb/Hippel/hippelm.htm

Miker's conversion does sound good. No question.

But don't forget that it uses double VBI... speed. No problem for me, but at the current state of available software, you won't get a double speed RMT working together with a good G2F picture.

Does G2F really take that much CPU? I doubt there isn't time left to call RMT twice, although "where" it's called during the frame may be an issue (after messing with SID emulation I know that even a couple ms difference of when sound registers are changed CAN make a noticeable difference in the sound that's produced, I'd presume POKEY is the same).

Pete

Edited by PeteD

If G2F is doing changes other than just one per 8 scanlines then I'd imagine it uses 100% CPU for that portion of the screen.

With RMT, there is another way... with a hacked version you could just make a FIFO queue with the 9 audio register values that need to be stuffed, and store them at a later time.

So, e.g. run the RMT sub twice at the bottom of screen, then do the register stores timed 1/100th of a second apart, the register store part is so trivial it could fit inside a DLI that was doing other stuff.

I suppose it depends how much time is left outside the 100% section if you could fit in a call on scanline 0 then another after the screen, maybe push the screen down a bit, or like you say twice at the bottom and a register push somewhere else.

Pete