IGNORED

What do you use your TT030 for?

I would like to know this as well. I think the TT (and Falcon) are cool but it it is my suspicion that there's not going to be a lot of games for any of them....even lowering standards to STe!!!

I have been away from ST for a long time and I am just getting acclimated, and it was my [ignorant] opinion that ST/STm/STfm was the way to go, as it will run ***ALL*** of the software, and certainly cost the least!

I will tell you that I think the TT and Falcon (and STe) are really cool as successors to the line, but are less-important to me than just "ST." Still, I look to some of the folks on here that are **true** collectors and have all that stuff (TT/Falcon/Ste) and I can NOT rule out wanting to do the same in the future, simply because the stuff is cool and I like it.

Mine is collecting dust. It's not worth it if you want to have fun with games, etc. A falcon is better and that does not have a lot of backward compatibility. I would say if you get a TT030, it would be for apps/internet/etc and NOT games... Nice machine, if you get get one cheap go for it. I paid $50 for mine.

I used to use a TT for music, when I had one that would run Emagic Logic 2.5. Unfortunately, most will not due to the copy protection, and when that good one went bad I had to stop using that program. I am currently using a TT for Emagic Sounddiver 2 (which won't run on my Falcon, also due to copy protecton). I am using the TT to setup synthesizer instruments that are not properly managed by current Mac and PC software. I am also trying to get an Ethernec configured for Internet access but am not having any luck. I wish I could get another TT for $50!

Cheers

I've been using my TTs for surfing the web, chat, play some games including Monkey Island, Empire, and other smaller games, and I've been fiddling with different OS's and OS enhancements like Geneva, MagiC, MiNT, Jinnee, or Gemini.

Had I had some VME ethernet adapter I'd have tried to install MiNT or Linux and use a TT as a small webserver.

As I'm not so much of a gamer I didn't dig through the D-Bug TT versions of their fixed games, but I thought about that. ;-)

I've been using my TTs for surfing the web, chat, play some games including Monkey Island, Empire, and other smaller games, and I've been fiddling with different OS's and OS enhancements like Geneva, MagiC, MiNT, Jinnee, or Gemini.

Had I had some VME ethernet adapter I'd have tried to install MiNT or Linux and use a TT as a small webserver.

As I'm not so much of a gamer I didn't dig through the D-Bug TT versions of their fixed games, but I thought about that. ;-)

What is your web browsing experience like using the TT? What browser do you use and how does it do with todays websites?

tj

What is your web browsing experience like using the TT? What browser do you use and how does it do with todays websites?

I've been using Highwire and Cab.

You don't have JavaScript, so only the more basically designed pages work.

I mostly read forums with my machines, but my Milan also opened heavily loaded pages on MySpace (tons of rubbish - mostly Flash stuff) without using embedded media.