IGNORED

96 Atari 8-Bit books in PDF

retrobits

I have two that I think may not be in your list - if anyone's interested:

The Easy Guide to Your Atari 600XL/800XL, Thomas Blackadar, published by Sybex.

Atari XL User's Handbook, by WSI Staff, Weber Systems, Inc.

If anybody wants to add these leave me a PM.

Now if only we could see this dedication to preservation for ST literature. I'd surely love to have copies of the Abacus & Compute! AES/VDI/TOS books again...

You can try building it, and seeing if they will come. :)

I tried getting that ball rolling many, many moons ago on Atari.org. But alas, to no avail...

I think, that better way will be make new torrent for new titles.

Hi Sikor, when you add the torrent file to your torrent client you will be presented with a list of all the files in the torrent. At that point you can pick and choose exactly which files you want to download. No need to download the whole torrent again. Also (and this part is just my opinion) multipart torrents seem to not seed well for the long term. Basically I think most people prefer to find everything all in one place, and this becomes more true as time passes (for example if this torrent is still alive a year from now).

Hi Sikor, when you add the torrent file to your torrent client you will be presented with a list of all the files in the torrent. At that point you can pick and choose exactly which files you want to download. No need to download the whole torrent again.

Maybe yes, but you can sign exactly title. When You get ovet 90 titles - it isn't good way search this one(two, three...), wchich You haven't. It is my opinion only, maybe I have not right - I use torrent ocasionaly only.

It worked out well for me: I still had the files from the previous torrent in the download directory of my server. When I started this larger torrent, it found the previously downloaded PDFs, since the folder was named the same, and didn't try to download the ones I already had. Didn't need to select/deselect files or any other fussing.

Still seeding, but looks like no one's currently downloading.

Thanks again to all contributing to this project. I only had one 8-bit book left (which is already on the list) so this has been a great nostalgic trip.

If you create the torrent with uTorrent it would be nice to tick the "preserve file order" box so the titles are sorted alphabetically when viewing the file list (if your system is configured so sort it this way of course).

This is not a problem for uTorrent users as one can sort them by themselves on screen when viewing the list but on my seed box I run TFb4rt which hasn't such an option (as have some others clients) so the files appear in the standard order (whatever that is but probably time/date of creation).

Makes it much easier to find what you're after if the titles are not "randomized" :-)

Edited by Fox-1 / mnx

At first glance these are the books I have that are not in the Torrent.

The last three are Magazine style reprints from Family Computing... I also have a different copy of a memory map (says Atari 400/800 Memory map) by Santa Cruz Educational, it's possible it's the same content as the thin one in the torrent although it doesn't have the accompanying pictures of wizards LOL.

Currently I don't have access to a scanner, but I would be willing to send them to someone as long as they come back in one piece.

32 Basic Programs for the Atari - Dilithium Press - Tom Rugg/Phil Feldman/Tim Barry

Advanced Atari Basic Tutorial - SAMS - Robert A. Peck

Atari 130XE Games Book - Melbourne House Publications - Richard Woolcock & Graeme Stretton

Atari Adventures - Sunshine - Tony Bridge

Atari Puzzlements - Creative Pastimes - Herbert Kohl

Atari Trivia/Date Base - SAMS - James F. Hunter/Troy Rondot

Atari XL Users Handbook - Weber Systems Inc. - WSI Staff

Basic Fun with Graphics - Avon Camelot - Margaret A Zuanich & Susan D Lipscomb

Homework Helper - Creative Pastimes - Michael Potts & Herb Kohl

Easy Programing for the Atari Micros - Shiva - Eric Deeson

Intro to programming the Atari 600/800 XL - Bernard Babani Publishing - R.A. & J. W. Penfold

Making the most of your Atari - Interface Publications - Paul Bunn

Master Memory Map for 400/800 ver 2 - Santa Cruz Educational Software Inc. - Robin Sherer

Random Alley Adventure - Creative Pastimes - Michael Orkin

Software for the Atari XL- Personal Computer World - Jane Green

The Atari 130XE Handbook - Century Communications - Lupton & Robinson

The Atari 600XL Program Book - Phoenix Publishing Associates - Peter Goode

The Blue Book for the Atari Computer - WIDL Video Publications - Various

The Micro Enquirer Atari XL - Century Communications - Chris Bidmead & Ben Woolley

Watson's Notes 4 Computer Games - Glentop Publishers LTD - D. Kedem & I. Kalisky

Watson's Notes 6 Advanced Programming - Glentop Publishers LTD - D. Kedem & I. Kalisky

Writing Strategy Games - Sunshine - John White

10 Starter Programs - Scholastic Inc - Joey Latimer

K Power Collection - Scholastic Inc - Joey Latimer

The Best of Family Computing Programs - Scholastic Inc - Joey Latimer

Edited by orpheuswaking

Lots of good titles in there Orpheus... funny they made a 600XL specifically-titled one. ("The Atari 600XL Program Book"). I hope we can somehow get all those scanned... it would make a nice addition.

Great! I see 2 times one title: The Blue Book for the Atari Computer - has you 1983 and 1984 edition? I have only 1984, but I haven't good scanner to scan it :( Great position, btw.

Mine says first edition 1983/1984 on the cover