IGNORED

96 Atari 8-Bit books in PDF

retrobits

As someone who has done a whole lot of archival scanning - size is largely irrelevant these days, and original image capture preserves the uniqueness of the works while underlaid OCR provides most of the search functionality one could want. It's not always 100% perfect for text cut and paste, but it is often very good.

Amen for your work, man. You have done a hell of a job archiving stuff.

Seems a most important reference is missing. I guess it would be a manual, maybe why not included.

'Technical Reference Notes'.

There are a few others, DOS II listing. 800XL Field Service Manual.

For understanding the inner workings of our Atari, the Technical Reference Notes is superb.

The Technical Reference Notes maybe, probably, already available OCR'd somewhere.

I'll look around.

post-21816-127938534348_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Any chance to download all those books through ftp or http?

I'm not so lucky with torrents ... And I really would like to have that reasure of information in reach!

Thanks a lot!

Marius

They are available at www.atarimania.com last time I looked.. click the 400/800 icon, then on "books/docs".

yes, as Thump says they are on atarimania -- all 96 of em! -- just follow this LINK

I am so glad! It is fabulous!

Thank you VERY much. There are definately a few very interesting must-have books in that collection.

Greetz

M.

p.s. I already used atariarchives.org, but this is better!

• 5 months later...

For anybody (still interested (this post is over a year old) who doesn't want to download the entire torrent, here is a website with many of the same books available for individual download.

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/collections/Atari%208-bit%20Books/

Or you could just mark the books you want to download from the torrent, you don't have to download them all. :D

• 9 months later...

I just opened my torrent client should be u/ling at 60Mbps. I'll leave it on for next couple days. You should have it quickly

Hey, it finished overnight instead of several days from now. Thanks to you and all other seeders. I left my client running today and it returned nearly 100% to others while I was at work.

• 11 years later...