IGNORED

RXB - Rich Extended Basic

Bones-69

Had a chance to play with RXB2022G yesterday and I really like it! Thanks for your hard work on this Rich.

Now I’m still a novice what RXB is concerned, and have a question on the batch file functionality.

It expects you to terminate the line with a carriage return if I’m not mistaking. Is there a particular reason for that?

I made a DV80 file on the TI-99/4a itself (using my Stevie editor) and the file gets interpreted as a single line.

Probably will enhance my editor so I can insert characters like cr, lf, etc. but just wondering.

Also would be cool if there’s a function to load a FG99 cartridge. That way you can jump back and forth between Stevie, Force Command, RXB.

(Could probably also be implemented as a small assembly program that is loaded from disk), anyway it’s just a suggestion.

2 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Check here

I downloaded the ZIP file and wonder what has changed since 2022D I am currently using. I learned that SCROLL and ROLL routines have been tuned in Assembler. Any new commands I should know (without reading the full documentation all over again)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveB said:

I downloaded the ZIP file and wonder what has changed since 2022D I am currently using. I learned that SCROLL and ROLL routines have been tuned in Assembler. Any new commands I should know (without reading the full documentation all over again)?

I think there's YouTube on it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

RXB game project started today ... "Cosmic Hero".   So far the title screen makes use of the CALL SWAPCOLOR routine.  I must say there's some great commands in RXB, SWAPCHAR being one of them, I was experimenting late last night with that and it's great for graphical effects but could also be put to use in a game situation too.  After I've finished work today I'll be back on with this project it's a Lunar Rescue type game but it's gonna be suited for the standard TI console with just RXB and nothing else.  No 32K needed here.  :)

• Like 8

I ran across an old RXB Video 11 years old that shows all the commands of GKXB and this is useful for many other XB variants.

Including RXB, GKXB, SXB, XB2, XB2.7 as far as I know other XB variants made.

Oh at the end of video I said the REDO key no longer works, that has be fixed and now works in RXB 2020 and on...

• Like 1

Hi Rich,

I just checked if there are any new CALLs in 2023 I might have to add to the TiCodEd Package for RXB. I haven't found any, so the "RXB 2022.xbpkg" will work also for 2023. This package just declares the additional routines, so that TiCodEd knows them, not giving an error for an unknown subroutine and the auto-complete (Control-Space) suggests them. 

image.png.82321c22096a7a8be46f19e94e4785ed.png

But I noticed that CALL COLLIDE is missing from your index:

image.thumb.png.4427f66f3a1e99b623aa6b9510dfdb5c.png

while CALL COLLIDE is actually file C7.PDF. CALL COLOR is now C8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 2:54 PM, SteveB said:

Hi Rich,

I just checked if there are any new CALLs in 2023 I might have to add to the TiCodEd Package for RXB. I haven't found any, so the "RXB 2022.xbpkg" will work also for 2023. This package just declares the additional routines, so that TiCodEd knows them, not giving an error for an unknown subroutine and the auto-complete (Control-Space) suggests them. 

image.png.82321c22096a7a8be46f19e94e4785ed.png

But I noticed that CALL COLLIDE is missing from your index:

image.thumb.png.4427f66f3a1e99b623aa6b9510dfdb5c.png

while CALL COLLIDE is actually file C7.PDF. CALL COLOR is now C8.

Wow for some weird reason the PDF did combine the pages like it was supposed to do?

Have no clue how this happened?

I will reload a fixed copy to fix this!

Cool!  Obviously much faster.

I'm a newb at all this new stuff.  I had a TI in the 80s.

So RXB is a better extended basic but written/runs in assembly like most games rather than ???? which is what TI Extended Basic or TI Basic was written/runs in?

You need to do a Wiki page to go along with this.  That'll help get the project promoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanceLHall said:

So RXB is a better extended basic but written/runs in assembly like most games rather than ???? which is what TI Extended Basic or TI Basic was written/runs in?

RXB is a greatly expanded Extended BASIC with parts of it re-written in Assembly language

Much of TI BASIC and Extended BASIC are written in GPL which is an interpreted language created by Texas Instruments. 

Rich has created a mountain of Youtube videos to demonstrate the system.

A wiki page would be a great thing because then RXB users could assist Rich with creating the documentation.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, LanceLHall said:

Cool!  Obviously much faster.

I'm a newb at all this new stuff.  I had a TI in the 80s.

You need to do a Wiki page to go along with this.  That'll help get the project promoted.

Hi Lance.  Here's a game I made that runs on RXB ... It's using some of the RXB commands in the code to do things more efficiently than standard XB would.
COSMIC2B < Cosmic Hero ... Use fire key for thruster on way down (but it CAN overheat!) and use fire key on way up for extra speed.

The game uses a command in the code called CALL RMOTION , this switches the motion of specified sprites  , the mothership uses this.  Also it uses several commands that were re-written in assembly to make them execute better.

• Like 3

hey @RXB I liked the video.  Also you gotta love the sound of a proper TI keyboard.  I miss that so much.  

I've a request for RXB if it's at all possible?  The CALL ROLLUP, ROLLDOWN command is pretty awesome , is there any way this can be extended with something like this;
CALL BOX(1,1,8,32)  .... what that could do is specify an area of the screen for ROLL to play with, so ROLL only rolls that specific area of the screen , like in my example there it would be from row 1, column 1, down to row 8 column 32 ... or the user could specify whole screen with CALL BOX(1,1,24,32) ... my idea is we could specify a portion of the screen to ROLL for example with a starfield , leaving the rest of the screen for the scoreboard to stay still.  This would enable coders to create pretty good games for just the console.

• Like 2