IGNORED

Wanted: DVD reader drive for my PC, will trade gaming stuff!

IceCold

I want a DVD drive for my computer(not a dvd burner), but I have no money so I was thinking I could maybe trade a little bit of gaming stuff in exchange for it. If you see anything at www.angelfire.com/games4/icecoldatari that catches your eye, and you have an extra DVD drive for your computer, then contact me. Thank you.

I'm not really looking for anything specifically, just one that works. Well, it also has to be fast enough for me to watch dvd's and have it not be choppy, but I don't think it has to be very fast to do that. I could trade systems, OR games, depending on how good of a drive it is. Or maye systems and games.

I have a 6x black DVD reader - unused. I bought it a few months back from piranhatech.com to take with me on the road in my computer (yes, I take my whole computer sometimes places, not just my laptop). Since it didn't make it in time, I bought one local so this one has sat. I'll trade it for your TG16 you have listed on your page + the only game you have :) Let me know.

Brian

I have a 6x black DVD reader - unused.  I bought it a few months back from piranhatech.com to take with me on the road in my computer (yes, I take my whole computer sometimes places, not just my laptop).  Since it didn't make it in time, I bought one local so this one has sat.  I'll trade it for your TG16 you have listed on your page + the only game you have :)  Let me know.

Brian

This sounds like it could very well be a deal. Can I just ask a few questions first?

1. What brand is it?

2. Does it have the box?

3. Is 6x fast enough to watch a DVD movie without choppiness? and

4. Do you live in the USA?

If you can answer those 4 questions, then we'll probably be able to strike a deal. Thank you!

This sounds like it could very well be a deal.  Can I just ask a few questions first?

1. What brand is it?

2. Does it have the box?

3. Is 6x fast enough to watch a DVD movie without choppiness? and

4. Do you live in the USA?

If you can answer those 4 questions, then we'll probably be able to strike a deal.  Thank you!

1. I haven't an idea, all it says is "Model GD 2500-BXIK". It's an OEM model so

2. I don't have a box :)

3. A 1x DVD is fast enough to play a DVD movie.... just like a 1x CDROM drive will play an audio CD at normal speed

4. Yep

Brian

Just a couple more questions :)  

1.  It is IDE right?

2.  It works right?

1. Yes

2. Since I've never hooked it up, I'll check before I answer this one (I would have done this *before* we made a deal anyways :D .. I wouldn't want to send out dead stuff). Give me a couple of days to test it out (gotta head to bed tonight.. might have a chance after work tomorrow before I head to the parents house for dinner).

If all is working .. deal?

Brian

Yes, deal. :D :D :D Finally I can buy some DVD's and actually be able to watch them. Just to give you some info about the TurboGrafx 16, it has 1 controller, the hookups and the actual unit. the hookups are the standard rca jack thing(like a sega genesis model 1, or atari jr. or atari jaguar uses), and the power supply using the same as a Sega Genesis model 1. I think I have extra's of these and I will include them. The game is TV sports hockey.

Yes, deal.   :D  :D  :D Finally I can buy some DVD's and actually be able to watch them.  Just to give you some info about the TurboGrafx 16, it has 1 controller, the hookups and the actual unit.  the hookups are the standard rca jack thing(like a sega genesis model 1, or atari jr. or atari jaguar uses), and the power supply using the same as a Sega Genesis model 1.  I think I have extra's of these and I will include them.  The game is TV sports hockey.

Okay, I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow night at the latest - it will more than likely be tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Have a good one!

Brian

Yes, deal.   :D  :D  :D Finally I can buy some DVD's and actually be able to watch them.  Just to give you some info about the TurboGrafx 16, it has 1 controller, the hookups and the actual unit.  the hookups are the standard rca jack thing(like a sega genesis model 1, or atari jr. or atari jaguar uses), and the power supply using the same as a Sega Genesis model 1.  I think I have extra's of these and I will include them.  The game is TV sports hockey.

Okay, I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow night at the latest - it will more than likely be tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Have a good one!

Brian

Okay, sweet. Hopefully it works!

Have a good one!

Brian

Okay, sweet. Hopefully it works!

Yep.. works fine. I hooked it up to my PowerMac Quicksilver 733Mhz and my 1.2Ghz Athlon box, works fine. I watched the intro to American Pie 2 and a few mins into it.. no problems. You can PM your address and I'll have this out by Friday, or you can drop me an email at ice@particles.org. If you'd like, I'll send mine out first or however you want to do it.

Thanks!

Brian