IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 12: Pengo

Pardon the double post, I must have done something wrong while attaching.

Two posts are better than one, especially for football :D

mini table

1st _Fandal_ 515,070 12pts

2nd therealbountybob 243,420 11pts

3rd divya16 228,320 10pts

4th vw 208,520 9pts

4th vw 208,520 9pts

5th atariksi 169,030 8pts

6th zylon 82,730 7pts

7th roadrunner 53,670 6pts

8th goochman 42,550 5pts

;)

Looks like vw is tied for 4th, and you're on the threshold of 19-bit score whereas Fandal is on the threshold of 20-bit score.

Okay, I'm at 19-bits now with 287K:

post-12094-127688711791_thumb.jpg

Well it was all going swimmingly until I lost three men on one screen :x just pipped my score 246,210 level 21 :|

Similar thing happened to me in round 24. It seems the patterns change a bit or the speed of the "pacmans" change. Also, once you get out of the groove, it's hard to get back on track. I thought I would easily top 300K when I had 280K w/2 men left.

I'm getting into the Pengo Zone :party: ... did I break atariksi's bit-o-meter :D

post-19705-127724296917_thumb.jpg

A few more hints: Forget about the level time bonus and try to get the 10k diamond bonus 1 row from the edges, go straight for this at the start, don't try and kill the sno-bees when they are 1 block away from you, when there's 1 bad guy run away and hide before he goes berzerk. Use the edges to freeze them but don't necessarily kill them. Lure them away from the blocks you are using to position your diamond blocks so they don't get eaten. Also just read the instructions - you get a bigger bonus for killing multiple bees :)

mini table

1st therealbountybob 634,680 12pts

2nd _Fandal_ 515,070 11pts

3rd atariksi 287,740330,740 10pts

4th divya16 228,320 9pts

5th vw 208,520 8pts

6th atariron82 150,510 7pts

7th zylon 82,730 6pts

8th bluecat 68,330 5pts

9th roadrunner 53,670 4pts

10th goochman 42,550 3pts

11th a8isa1 27,640 1pt

12th mopchop 23,150 1pt

13th gwobby 14,020 1pt

any corrections please post

Vote for the next games in the July bonus round ;)

Well done Bounty Bob, it makes me even more ashamed to post a score update for myself that really doesn't mean anything :D

I need to take a break from this game as the frustration I felt when I got to 200,000 with two guys left and then got stupid and ended with 219,980 could lead to controllers breaking and these Wicos are hard to find nowadays.

post-5835-127725848846_thumb.jpg

Well done Bounty Bob, it makes me even more ashamed to post a score update for myself that really doesn't mean anything :D

I need to take a break from this game as the frustration I felt when I got to 200,000 with two guys left and then got stupid and ended with 219,980 could lead to controllers breaking and these Wicos are hard to find nowadays.

Remember I (and Fandal!) have the advantage of slightly slower play thanks to PAL... so you atariksi and divya16 deserve medals :thumbsup: It's definitely a game that causes swearing... even from Bluecat ;)

I'm getting into the Pengo Zone :party: ... did I break atariksi's bit-o-meter :D

A few more hints: Forget about the level time bonus and try to get the 10k diamond bonus 1 row from the edges, go straight for this at the start, don't try and kill the sno-bees when they are 1 block away from you, when there's 1 bad guy run away and hide before he goes berzerk. Use the edges to freeze them but don't necessarily kill them. Lure them away from the blocks you are using to position your diamond blocks so they don't get eaten. Also just read the instructions - you get a bigger bonus for killing multiple bees :)

Vote for the next games in the July bonus round ;)

You missed post #33. Good hints-- I never did try for the timing; just went for getting diamonds together but had to settle for 5000 bonus instead of 10,000 many times.

May give it another go before time's up.

Now you guys can get into the 5200 HSC thats if you have a 5200 :D

I have a 5200 but no Pengo cartridge. You have a spare you want to trade with me for something?

On A800, I have the cart and the ROM file works just by uploading to $8000 and running at the runaddr in the footer.

You missed post #33. Good hints-- I never did try for the timing; just went for getting diamonds together but had to settle for 5000 bonus instead of 10,000 many times.

Corrected above... i always seem to miss your (good) scores out, nothing personal ;) How come you get 5000 bonus on the screen edges when we only get 4000 are you sure you uploaded it into the correct RAM location :D

1 final hint: Keep the fire button pressed in all the time :cool:

Remember I (and Fandal!) have the advantage of slightly slower play thanks to PAL... so you atariksi and divya16 deserve medals :thumbsup: It's definitely a game that causes swearing... even from Bluecat ;)

I didn't know there was a PAL difference in this game. Also when you are playing does the game bog down and stutter at various points? I am playing on original hardware and the game runs faster when there are one or two sno-bees on the screen and it really bogs down to almost slow motion sometimes if you are pushing blocks at the beginning of a screen when there are lots of eggs and sno-bees in play. I also noticed and it helped my score that your penguin moves much faster horizontally than vertically.

I didn't know there was a PAL difference in this game. Also when you are playing does the game bog down and stutter at various points? I am playing on original hardware and the game runs faster when there are one or two sno-bees on the screen and it really bogs down to almost slow motion sometimes if you are pushing blocks at the beginning of a screen when there are lots of eggs and sno-bees in play. I also noticed and it helped my score that your penguin moves much faster horizontally than vertically.

I'm guessing the whole game runs faster on NTSC... yes still has the stutters, really notice speed boost when down to last two baddies...

Please, do not force me to play it again!

F.

Hmmm :evil:

Where are you Cebus and Mr.Amiga :?: i know you're out there, so lets see some scores :P

Corrected above... i always seem to miss your (good) scores out, nothing personal ;) How come you get 5000 bonus on the screen edges when we only get 4000 are you sure you uploaded it into the correct RAM location :D

1 final hint: Keep the fire button pressed in all the time :cool:

You know that hint helped-- keeping the fire button presssed (most of the time). I have been pressing it on and off and that was tiring. And playing Advanced helps too-- makes other levels seem easier relatively. I just played advanced which gives you one less man (penguin) and four sno-bees at a time and I still did pretty good (see picture of 4 sno-bees). Pausing and restarting threw me off and lost my groove. It's 5000 and 10,000 as stated in the instructions of the game (see picture).

post-12094-127744391138_thumb.jpg

post-12094-127744392179_thumb.jpg

post-12094-127744393223_thumb.jpg