IGNORED

If it has red lights....it can have Red Ring Of Death

Rev

I just wish they would reduce the cost of the 250 gig hard drive. $130 is too much. It was also too much for the cost of a 60 gig drive. Why not distance it from the price of a new Xbox console and more in line with what a regular hard drive is for price.

EEW, I hope the "gloss" is artest representation and not how the console actually looks. Other than that, it looks cool. I wouldn't mind getting one.

What is with this ultra gloss shit they put on stuff these days? I guess at least with a console, it's not as likely to collect fingerprints magically like handhelds doo.

I just wish they would reduce the cost of the 250 gig hard drive. $130 is too much. It was also too much for the cost of a 60 gig drive. Why not distance it from the price of a new Xbox console and more in line with what a regular hard drive is for price.

I've wondered this, too. 1-TB USB drives (with case, power supply, cable, software, etc) have been $100 for some time now. I figure the short answer is, "Idiot gamers will line up with their wallets out, no matter what we charge for these drives." Does seem to be the case.

I read somewhere that it's 'less susceptible' to the RROD :lol:

it honestly doesn't rrod. know why? because they literally took out the red LEDs. i shit thou not. when theres a failure now, the power button blinks.

no 3 year warranty anymore either.

Edited by xg4bx

EEW, I hope the "gloss" is artest representation and not how the console actually looks. Other than that, it looks cool. I wouldn't mind getting one.

What is with this ultra gloss shit they put on stuff these days? I guess at least with a console, it's not as likely to collect fingerprints magically like handhelds doo.

Yeah, it appears that electronics that suck fingerprints from 15 feet away are quite popular.

I think its kind of strange.....

....the PS3 launched with touch control and a glossy finish. They abandoned it for buttons and a brushed finish with the slim.

....the 360 launched with button control and a brushed finish. They abandoned it for touch control and a glossy finish with the slim.

Hmmmmm......

Mendon

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?40645

Thought that the 360's hardware problems were over? Perhaps not. A modder has revealed that his brand new Xbox 360 features the same old X clamp on the chipset. This X clamp was widely associated with the RRoD previously and it will have many people fearing for the reliability of the new device. But that's not all, there also more disadvantages too.

...oh did I mention? It can still probably fail.. there's just no red LEDs anymore :P

Oh shit how lame!! I'm glad you posted this. How is someone supposed to tell that their console doesn't work without a red light flashing!!? Never understood how PS3 owners did it, I just figured they were super smart. ;)

xg4bx, I'm so disappointed. Earlier you apologized for the anti-360 propaganda, now we can all see you can't help yourself.

My advice to you, focus on the PS3 news. You claim Sony ruled E3, yet you continue to visit the 360 forum to post any information that supports your anti MS views. Are you feeling alright? Still stressed guy?

...oh did I mention? It can still probably fail.. there's just no red LEDs anymore :P

Oh shit how lame!! I'm glad you posted this. How is someone supposed to tell that their console doesn't work without a red light flashing!!? Never understood how PS3 owners did it, I just figured they were super smart. ;)

xg4bx, I'm so disappointed. Earlier you apologized for the anti-360 propaganda, now we can all see you can't help yourself.

My advice to you, focus on the PS3 news. You claim Sony ruled E3, yet you continue to visit the 360 forum to post any information that supports your anti MS views. Are you feeling alright? Still stressed guy?

why the swipe at me? all i did was post information relevant to the topic at hand, i didn't add any spin or opinion of my own. that paragraph is directly from the article, my intent was to inform. why so worried about my posts?if i wanted to troll i'd troll. if you don't like me then ignore me. don't take the fact that i might not like a hunk of plastic as much as you do so personally.

Edited by xg4bx

why the swipe at me?

Because you're the one who felt the need to apologize for being so negative, remember you said you were stressed? I figure not being able to go 24 hours without continuing was a cry for help?? This is yet another example. So the unit has an Xclamp. Do you know for a fact that is an issue? Did your Slim break down? Why does a person that hates the 360 spend so much time dwelling on the console? Tell us about your mother xg4bx. Did she used to work for MS and beat you when you were a child? It's ok, you have friends here.

BTW, I told you I would send you some pro 360 sites and articles if you would like. I'll still do it, anything to help you get over your funk.

why the swipe at me?

Because you're the one who felt the need to apologize. (cant says that I blame you) I figure not being able to go 24 hours without continuing was a cry for help?? Tell us about your mother xg4bx. Did she used to work for MS and beat you when you were a child? It's ok, you have friends here.

whose the immature one? all i did was report a fucking story that was relevant to the topic. if i had wanted to be an asshole about it i would have. you're the one turning this into an issue and being an absolute ass about it. stop worrying about what i do.

i read n4g every day, i see all the news. the fact is that there isnt much positive to report. i was gonna post trailers for the new xbla castlevania but why bother now?

Edited by xg4bx

whose the immature one? all i did was report a fucking story that was relevant to the topic. if i had wanted to be an asshole about it i would have.

Oh my.

Remember, Think positive. There is plenty of positive news, you just aren't focusing on it, and I'm not sure where your digging up your info but if they told you the Kinect was mainly being marketed as a sit down device, they suck ass. Seriously. I can send some links your way to help, just say the word.

I'll post some positive stuff.

http://kotaku.com/5566468/the-best-game-for-kinect-game-could-be-the-most-important-game-of-e3

and ummmmm

http://kotaku.com/5566345/kinect-can-sense-children-adjust-difficulty-on-the-fly

Kotaku seemed to be skeptical as hell going into E3, and now that they've tried Kinect for themselves, they all seem to really like it. In fact, having to stand is the only drawback they see with it.

I can't wait to actually try one out.

http://www.maxconsol...ntent.php?40645

Thought that the 360's hardware problems were over? Perhaps not. A modder has revealed that his brand new Xbox 360 features the same old X clamp on the chipset. This X clamp was widely associated with the RRoD previously and it will have many people fearing for the reliability of the new device. But that's not all, there also more disadvantages too.

Oookay. Fitting X clamps again was not a good idea. They must have a surplus stored in a warehouse somewhere.

However, the X clamps were only a problem in the older machines when the GPU (and sometimes even the processor) got so hot that it softened or melted the solder holding it to the board. Because the X clamps cause a strain on the circuit board and it was so thin the board would warp under the strain without the extra resistance provided by having the GPU soldered properly on the board, thereby causing the two to seperate.

The new machine is unlikely to overheat in the way the old machines did, so on this occasion the X clamps are unlikely to be an issue.

And as for the other issues. And I quote: "It will gather fingerprints easily." icon_rolling.gif And this is the best they can come up with?

See? It is possible to make a counter argument with factual information rather than just have a pop at one another.icon_rolleyes.gif

Can't see us getting one ... ever. I've only recently bought a 250Gb Elite and have a 20Gb unit in the bedroom that's not being used.

Edited by Tickled_Pink

I had an original day 1 console I replaced the x-clamp on. The x-clamp was not the problem itself. It simply exacerbated an already existing problem. The x-clamp design itself is a fine design.

I called Gamestop early afternoon and they were just unboxing the new 360's. My wife said she would swing by and snag me one while she was shopping but she didn't get around there until early evening and by that time there was not a single store in the area with units. They are completely sold out. One store said they expect more tomorrow and another said they won't have any until next week. Newegg has a warehouse very close by and a standard order with standard shipping usually arrives the next day. Unfortunately they are also sold out. We will see if we can snag one tomorrow but I have a feeling I won't be getting my hands on one until next week at least.