IGNORED

Seriously? Nothing? What's wrong with you guys?

DaytonaUSA

the base price for the bundle is $100. that gets you the controller, a game and the camera. extra controllers are $50. the optional "nunchuck" is $30 but you can still use a dualshock in place of the nunchuck. you only need one cam. sony's first party move games will only be $39. from my understanding it can only detect a max of 4 controllers/wands/nunchucks at a time so outfitting a family with a bunch of wands and stuff won't be an issue for most people.

I don't know..... I think it would be pretty clumsy to play Sorcery holding the Move Ice Cream Cone in one hand and a Dual Shock in the other. But its still early and time will tell which controller/s is needed for which games and in which configuration/s.

Many gamers won't mind paying the price for Move and that's cool. Hell, many gamers have spent big dollars on Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, DJ Hero, etc. But FOR ME, Move is still a pricey add-on: $99 for the basic kit (or $90 for the camera and controller since I'm not interested in the sports game), $30 for the Nunchuk, $50 for an additional controller (some games, like Boxing and Archery, were displayed using two controllers)... it all add's up.

Rather than $170 for the Move controllers above, I'll just buy three new analog games.

Mendon

i just have nerdly fantasies of a dungeons&dragons type game where i can drop my torch and reach behind my back to unsheath my sword with the "nunchuck" used as a shield. i'm aching for some real sword combat in a game.

Zelda: Skyward Sword looks to do pretty much that. I'm not digging the "boy apprentice" main character in Sorcery, too Harry Potter-ish, but that's a nitpick if the game is fun. Am I the only one hoping for a new King's Field? Those games were never that great, but a guilty pleasure.

A guilty pleasure King's Field may be, but I've yet to play anything that could come close to the experience that KF provided. Sad, really, considering how poorly it's aged. If FROM could just make a new KF and give it improved versions of the kinds of combat upgrades that were seen in the Shadow Tower games, while retaining the old elements that helped characterize KF, it would be an instant system-seller for me...and probably about 15 other people. -_-

Hey Bydo, have you tried out Demons Souls? It's the spiritual successor to King's Field.

The producer (or whoever) calling Demon's Souls a successor to KF gives me hope that they have plans to revive that series. But really, DS is more like a third-person Shadow Tower with infinite lives. Level designs are awesome (one of KF's defining traits) but there's no real overall coherency thanks to reliance on teleport thingies, magic is terrible, powering up can get really grindy, and did I mention that it's third person and the controls for non-melee attacks are terrible?

Edited by Jifremok

I can understand your frustration with Demons Souls. I gave up after a while because I had no idea what I was doing. However, some of your statements are outright wrong. The most blatant one.. Magic is terrible? It's the only way to do well in the game! haha

Seriously, being a warrior or w/e is a death note. Good luck with bosses as a warrior or barbarian.

Seriously, being a warrior or w/e is a death note. Good luck with bosses as a warrior or barbarian.

I'm glad I don't have the game, as that would sound like a challenge to me! ;)

I think most people started the game as a sword wielding character and got fed up, and switched to a Priest... which is the only way to feel like you're even mildly under control.

I can understand your frustration with Demons Souls. I gave up after a while because I had no idea what I was doing. However, some of your statements are outright wrong. The most blatant one.. Magic is terrible? It's the only way to do well in the game! haha

Where did I say I was frustrated with Demon's Souls? I just stated that it's hardly like King's Field and that its magic controls suck. Specifically, the controls for offensive magic are flat-out awful. I've nothing wrong with the support magic and think it's the best buff system I've ever seen. I should have made myself clear on that part. And yes, I've finished the game (Asia version) using all melee with support magic to keep me from dying really fast when I slip up.