IGNORED

Can anyone identify this game?

crash

Greetings,

For years I've been trying to find a game that was lost when a diskette failed, and wonder if anyone may know the name. What I can remember is that it was a Space invaders/Galaxian type of game where each wave of enemies would appear at the top of the screen, and the player would control a ship on the bottom shooting up at them.

What was distinctive, was that a few waves into the game, the enemies would drop bombs or something that would bounce around at the bottom of the screen rather than disappearing.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

For years I've been trying to find a game that was lost when a diskette failed, and wonder if anyone may know the name. What I can remember is that it was a Space invaders/Galaxian type of game where each wave of enemies would appear at the top of the screen, and the player would control a ship on the bottom shooting up at them.

What was distinctive, was that a few waves into the game, the enemies would drop bombs or something that would bounce around at the bottom of the screen rather than disappearing.

Any ideas?

Bandits?

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-bandits_492.html

Greetings,

I checked through all of the screenshots and did not see anything familiar, although it has been many years since I played that game so I don't remember much. I recall that the bombs that were dropped appeared to spin on a vertical axis, and that after a few waves, the bombs would bounce from the bottom of the screen. I think that it also had very simple graphics. Alien Ambush is similar, but not the one I was thinking of.

It must have been a pretty obscure game!

Thanks

Greetings,

I checked through all of the screenshots and did not see anything familiar, although it has been many years since I played that game so I don't remember much. I recall that the bombs that were dropped appeared to spin on a vertical axis, and that after a few waves, the bombs would bounce from the bottom of the screen. I think that it also had very simple graphics. Alien Ambush is similar, but not the one I was thinking of.

It must have been a pretty obscure game!

Thanks

Sounds like Alien Swarm

• 2 weeks later...

After some more searching and testing from Atarimania, I found the game that I was thinking of:

Alien Swarm

So the winner is...

Sounds like Alien Swarm

WhooHoo!

And my prize is???

Free entry to the High Score Club ;) Seriously we need some more players... anyone :!:

I seem to remember Alien Swarm had a way of playing that you could take advantage of to make it too easy, otherwise it was a nice game :ponder:

WhooHoo!

And my prize is???

A free copy of Alien Swarm from Atarimania! :D

Thanks for suggesting that. I'm not sure why it didn't register even after you suggested the correct title.

My brain is like a 25 year old Atari 810.

Cheers!