IGNORED

Season 3 5200 HSC Round 9 *Pengo*

darthkur

OHMYGOD. 371k+ ???

You must be that little Atari freak teaching me a lesson this weekend. Simply incredible. Have you been defeating me my whole life, only to

really rub it in now? I think that's the most discouraging thing I've ever heard. How tragic.

(Paraphrased from The Pricess Bride. icon_smile.gif )

OHMYGOD. 371k+ ???

You must be that little Atari freak teaching me a lesson this weekend. Simply incredible. Have you been defeating me my whole life, only to

really rub it in now? I think that's the most discouraging thing I've ever heard. How tragic.

I am not familiar with "Pricess Bride" or "Princess Bride" if that's what you meant. I am hoping to get 500K+ once I find the time to play again as my personal best is >500K.

I think a few others did better than 500K on the Atari 800 HSC.

OHMYGOD. 371k+ ???

I am not familiar with "Pricess Bride" or "Princess Bride" if that's what you meant.

You've never seen The Princess Bride?..."Inconceivable!" It's one of the most brilliant and quotable movies on the Planet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58LpHBnvsI

I am hoping to get 500K+ once I find the time to play again as my personal best is >500K.

I think a few others did better than 500K on the Atari 800 HSC.

Yeah, IIRC a couple guys scored over 600K on the 8-bit HSC. I hit a plateau at 150K using arrow keys since my USB 'Classic' arrived late. As for the 5200 HSC, "Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war" :evil:

Edited by atariron82

Damn. I seem to have topped out.

I'd love to see some of you play, or learn your strategies for this game.

I'm not even approaching 100,000.

Atariksi or Atariron, if either of you can get your game recorded and added to Youtube I'd love to see it.

Atariksi or Atariron, if either of you can get your game recorded and added to Youtube I'd love to see it.

I gave some hints on how to play "forever" in the 8-bit HSC. I stopped playing because I didn't have that much time on hand at the time. I had two men left after hitting 600,000 and then just non-chalanted into 660K.

Everyone finds his own strategies, but I basically employ the pac-man strategy of staying away from the sno-bees. If you hide behind a diamond one block away from the side, you're safe. I'm not into you-tube stuff nor do I have method of getting the real Atari 5200 into a clear video.

post-12094-127829809788_thumb.jpg