IGNORED

Sega EVERDRIVE Flash Cart Official Mass Order Thread

Has anyone else had a problem with slightly corrupted file names? Every now and then when I save a file to the SD card, a portion of another game name on the card will appear at the end of the title, along the lines of "Sonic the Hedgehogstar Heroes", to make up an example. Renaming the file usually hasn't worked for me.

This appears to be an issue with the display routine, not with the actual filenames, right? Or at least, none of the filenames have been changed when I mount the card on my Mac.

To be honest I have not even searched, the only game stores I know are Game and Gamestop and the retro stuff they have is PS2.

I had a Mega Drive once but I gave it to a younger cousin :( In fact I'm lending the Everdrive board to a friend who is into Sega so he can test it

Now I'm used to eBay for all my gaming needs and have completely forgotten the local "real" stores ... guess I'm getting lazy

Can you really not find a single Genesis/MegaDrive cart anywhere locally??? I'd be happy to send you a cart free for the price of shipping, but I can't believe that you can't buy one somewhere local.

Chris

I tried the Everdrive in two different cart shells (Comix Zone and Pit Fighter), and both required additional modifications to get the PCB to fit. Specifically, the plastic posts were too thick and seemed to be about 0.5mm off from lining up with the holes in the Everdrive PCB, so I had to grind the posts down with a Dremel, narrowing the sides until they fit. I also had to slightly widen the spot where the PCB comes through the bottom of the cart.

Have other people had to do this too? Maybe Euro Mega Drive games have a slightly different form factor.

I was wondering if Mega Drive and Genesis carts have the same form factor / dimensions. Also if the boxes are the same so I can use the cool labels and inserts I have seen in this thread

I tried the Everdrive in two different cart shells (Comix Zone and Pit Fighter), and both required additional modifications to get the PCB to fit. Specifically, the plastic posts were too thick and seemed to be about 0.5mm off from lining up with the holes in the Everdrive PCB, so I had to grind the posts down with a Dremel, narrowing the sides until they fit. I also had to slightly widen the spot where the PCB comes through the bottom of the cart.

Have other people had to do this too? Maybe Euro Mega Drive games have a slightly different form factor.

hi all!

i have some new stuff for SNES http://krikzz.com/severdrive.html

This looks great. Anyone know if this will work with the YOBO or similar clones? I know some of the others won't. Would be great as it really saves space compared to having the NES and SNES on the shelf where I play. Either way though, after my experience with the everdrive, I will definitely be picking one of these up.

As for the people with the hole issues, if you are looking for a cart, I know the Joe Montana Football one lines up with the board pretty well. I imagine any Sega made one would work though.

Has anyone found any carts that the 4.5mm security bits don't work on? I've got a Joe Montana Football cart and the screws seem different than the normal ones. The bit I received from eBay definitely is not working on this thing.. Going to have to find another cartridge?

Has anyone found any carts that the 4.5mm security bits don't work on? I've got a Joe Montana Football cart and the screws seem different than the normal ones. The bit I received from eBay definitely is not working on this thing.. Going to have to find another cartridge?

Does yours kind of look like a star with a little dot in the middle? Yeah, there are a handful of those oddball screws out there.

AX

played halfway through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which autosaves up to 10 (i think) slots. i turned the machine off then back on and ran S3+K again without changing games. my save file is gone. is there something i forgot to do or is this feature non-existent?

edit:

"+ save ram data can be stored or loaded from SD card"

okay, so i did something wrong. i'll have to investigate this later when i get home from work.

Edited by bomberpunk