IGNORED

FA: Sega CD (vertical-loading) system w/ 6 controllers, more

Guest cvo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&item=802945450

This is the vertical loading Sega CD system that lets you load Genesis games from the top and Sega CD games from the bottom. Comes with 6 controllers (1 programmable pad, 3 regular controllers, and 2 wireless controllers) and 5 games (Masked Rider, Flashback, Jurassic Park, NBA Jam, and Prince of Persia). I don't have time to test all the games and the system, but I plugged in the system and it came up fine. Last time I played this system, it worked fine, but due to time constraints I am selling everything as-is.

If you have any questions, please let me know. :)

Yep, SegaCD's are also easy to make backups of...so you don't have to worry as much about scratches (so long as the original is stashed).  Nice unit.

Bananapants?

lol :D

Heheh, yes, bananapants. Long but amusing story behind that one. :D

That just looks like a regular model one Genesis sitting on top of a regular Sega CD unit. I really thought this was going to be some sort of sleek all-in-one-plastic-shell type deal from the description. Nope! And ACK :o why did the seller take those CD's out of the cases and lay them on the carpet? Makes for a nice photo perhaps but what a way to unintentionally scratch them, get carpet fibers and hair on them, et cetera. Ugh! :(

That just looks like a regular model one Genesis sitting on top of a regular Sega CD unit.  I really thought this was going to be some sort of sleek all-in-one-plastic-shell type deal from the description.  Nope!  And ACK :o why did the seller take those CD's out of the cases and lay them on the carpet?  Makes for a nice photo perhaps but what a way to unintentionally scratch them, get carpet fibers and hair on them, et cetera.  Ugh! :(

Sorry to disappoint you, man. I didn't know how to describe this system, but all I knew was that there were two versions: one Sega CD that had the side by side loader and one that had the vertical loader. Not trying to make you guys think this was a special system of any sort. Or maybe you were hoping for too much??? :)

As for me takng the CD's out of the cases, they didn't come with cases. The cases were lost, broken, whatever a long long time ago.

Anyway, I wanted to update that I took the auction down because I'm gonna give the system and everything else to MacGurl and Sauron, since they were looking to get a Sega CD and Genesis system. They live here and town and I think they are pretty cool, so I'm gonna give them the stuff. Besides, I made MacGurl promise she'll stop smoking if I give it to her and Sauron. :) :) :D So nothing is really "free". hehe!!