IGNORED

FA: Intellivision Starter Package (eBay)

AtariKari

Let me help you help me to help you - you spelled "invellivision" wrong in the description ;)

The collection looks nice! I'd love to get into Intellivison, but can't find consoles near me. Are they difficult to find?(haven't really look on ebay yet) Do they break down much? What would one expect to pay for a console? Thanks!

Maibock --

The auction looks great and Intellivision has many fans. However, as someone that never played one as a kid and thus has no nostalgia for it, I really don't enjoy playing it. The controller really bothers my hand and I honestly can't get past it. If you like two player sports games, then the console has many good ones. Most of the arcade games are found on the 2600 and they don't look or play that much better on the Intellivision. I have had several Intellivisions and I hook them up and try them, but I always sell them in a few weeks. To me, even the 5200 controller is far easier to use. Just my 2 cents!

No, this is the rare "Invellivision" edition from Transylvania ;) Thanks for the heads up.

About the system, I found mine in a thrift and the damn thing won't work for longer than 5 min without crapping out, which makes it a little frustrating. As for controllers, I found a Wico CV controller someone had hacked for the INTV so it's fine for me :P Actually, the joystick snap-on attachments aren't that bad, and frequently come up on eBay for $10 or so.

Has anyone else had a problem like this on the system? I'm guessing it is a power supply thing, because resetting the system after it crashes brings back the game.

I had something like that happen to me along time ago.

You see, a friend gave me this intellivision with a whole bunch of games. He said it didn't work. Well, I took it home and plugged it in and it worked fine! :) That is, until either the power supply or perhaps something internal got too warm and then it was poof!

I guess his mom found out that he had given it away or something and I had to give it back (good thing I didn't care and they were good friends otherwise I would have been mad. :lol:), but the symptoms sound similar.

Cap