IGNORED

the last game you just finished was?

it's been quite some time since I really finished a game.

I guess the last one was Frogger Returns on PSN. That game hands out gold trophies like candy, even in the practice mode...which is where I earned said trophies and "finished" the game.

Horrid title, stay away unless your desire for trophies is strong.

Edited by Reaperman

I just finished Castlevania Aria of Sorrow for the GBA. Great game.

Now i'm not sure what i want to play next. Contenders are: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow(which makes sense since i just beat Aria), Super Mario RPG and Wario Land 4.

All 3 i bought sometime this year and haven't played them yet.

Final Fantasy on the NES. Since I bought XIII a few weeks ago (WASTE of money but I have them all so...) I decided to run through it yet again.

I prefer the remakes only for the re-targeting in battle. Nothing like swinging at air when a zombie wants your brains for lunch. :)

Final Fantasy on the NES. Since I bought XIII a few weeks ago (WASTE of money but I have them all so...) I decided to run through it yet again.

I prefer the remakes only for the re-targeting in battle. Nothing like swinging at air when a zombie wants your brains for lunch. :)

Do you find it tries your patience to play such an old RPG? I'm playing Dragon Quest IV right now, but on the DS, and they've modernized a lot of the controls and the speed of walking, etc.

Not really a classic game, but the last one I can think of offhand was Geometry Wars Galaxies on the DS. By "finished", I mean clearing all stages (including the Lambda galaxy) with gold medals and maxing experience on all drone modes.

The last classic game I finished, well, that's been a while... it was probably Castlevania 1 during one of the NES high score competitions.

I finished Two Crude Dudes on the Genesis about two weeks ago.. I don't know if it counts though because I was playing it with a friend.

I probably would have finished Silpheed on Sega CD earlier today, but it got a disc read error towards the end of the game.. Bummer.

Edited by Austin

Do you find it tries your patience to play such an old RPG? I'm playing Dragon Quest IV right now, but on the DS, and they've modernized a lot of the controls and the speed of walking, etc.

Not at all. That was the only complaint I had - even when I bought it new for the NES. I hated the targeting didn't re-align with a live target. Beyond that I love going back and playing RPGs on their original systems. Upgrades/re-releases are nice - don't get me wrong - but it doesn't bug me at all to play them over and over. :)