IGNORED

"Atari reboot"-front page of the L.A. Times Business section

orangest

Numerous companies have had tons of brands that they keep rolling out year after year (i.e. mario, zelda etc..). Atari missed that boat back in the day. Hopefully they can pull it off. EVERYONE on Earth knows the brands so I am sure they will do well as long as they are able to keep people interested.

I like onions. If you leave them in the refrigerator too long, they do get kind of dried out, but you can still cook with them. Peel off a couple of layers? More than that, you have to cut out the rotten parts and throw them away. Also, dried onions can be reconstituted, but you have to use good, clean water to get the best results, and as many of us east of the Mississippi know, they're best used in White Castle hamburgers after that. I wish them luck, and hope they are able to embrace a tradition that we can all respect and admire.

What's weird about this article is that the company now known as "Atari" has nothing to do with the Atari of yesteryear. It's Infogrammes. Good marketing on their part to get an LA Times article, though.

There is a lineage back to the original Atari... otherwise they couldn't use the name. It is not Infogrames any more... no more dual name stuff. Strictly Atari. Nolan Bushnell is on the board, if that gives it some cred. Better explained in the wiki article.

Edited by Zoyx

We have the old consoles, homebrew scene and emulators. No reason for the ghost of corporate Atari to linger.

Yep. As far as I'm concerned AtariAge, Legacy Engineering, and the fine homebrewers and hardware designers here *are* Atari. It's nice that there is a corporate face so that products like the Flashback and the Taco Bell promotion games can keep the public aware of the brand, but that's about all it's good for. ;)