IGNORED

New Castlevania game

SoulBlazer

So I see on XBox Live that a Castlevania game was added this week, but very expensive looking at 1200 points.

Is this a brand new game, or a port of a eariler game in the franchise? Has anyone tried the game? I've tried to download the demo but my net is being very iffy right now. What do you think of it?

From what I've read, it's a online multiplayer enabled time attack Castlevania. The single player mode isn't the primary experience and doesn't provide a typical experience that Castlevania fans have become accustomed to.

It's not a traditional Metroidvania release like Symphony of the Night and the 6 GBA/DS titles.

ign gave it a 7.5, which is the highest score i've seen for it, it's mainly getting 5s and 6s.

"The focus on multiplayer came at the cost of the single-player experience. With so little of the game explained, some players may find themselves confused or, worse, frustrated. And because assets seem to have been plucked straight from previous games, that $15 price tag is questionable."

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1109803p1.html

• 3 weeks later...

ign gave it a 7.5, which is the highest score i've seen for it, it's mainly getting 5s and 6s.

"The focus on multiplayer came at the cost of the single-player experience. With so little of the game explained, some players may find themselves confused or, worse, frustrated. And because assets seem to have been plucked straight from previous games, that $15 price tag is questionable."

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1109803p1.html

It's even more questionable since it's a 6 man co-op type of game, but you only get 5 characters with that main download from what I saw. You get the extra characters and levels with the DLC addons that came out like a week after the game itself. So if you want a full game experience you're going to be paying more than 15 dollars.

For myself, I'll likely pass on this one.

This is one of those games that you need to disregard the official reviews. I have it. It's very fun. Think multiplayer symphony of the night in stages, with five characters and hundreds of weapons and items to find.

I love it, but it is tough as nails. If you don't like a challenge, steer well clear. If you do, look me up online. It's great fun with the right group.

YouTube reviewers (i.e., the gamers) have been giving it good scores. From all the footage I've seen, it looks like a blast to play.. To me, it seems like a nice balance between Metroidvania and the classic linear series, the later being something I hoped they would eventually do more of.

Challenging and fun when I was 19 years old, don't have the patience 20 years later.

I hear you man! They did make an "easy" option on Megaman 10 so I was actually able to play through it. If the high school version of me could see me now he would smack the shit out of me for that - lol

I was thinking the same thing. :lol: