IGNORED

Interest check: HALO for the Colecovision

Rev

I will try to explain here why I find this thread-question incomplete.

To me, Halo doesn't mean anything except it's a popular game somehow related to another game from the Mac scene the Marathon series which I've played a lot on a PowerPC. Even if you make a game with names, graphics and sounds related to the Halo games, I'll not notice it... specially if you want to focus on "it's Halo!" to sell me the game. I do find interesting the Atari Halo game regardless of why we can't shoot in all directions like in Berzerk, but to me it's just another game, not Halo related game, if you know what I mean.

So, I can't say to count me in just because the project is named Halo. Provide more information, like realistic mockups with a description of the game, or even better a video showing a partially done version of the project.

There is no such thing as "Halo" the arcade game is there? If there is no such game in an Arcade cabinet, wouldn't a picture of an Xbox on the box be more appropriate?

Plus the game play and graphics would be so inferior to the Xbox version it would be a novelty. I wouldn't be interested.

I personally would like to see the unreleased games in the ColecoVision catalog get produced.

Side Trak

Spectar

Rip Cord

Skiing

Horse Racing ( I remember seeing this in the catalog and through it would be awesome)

Tunnels & Trolls

Chess Challenger (A chess game would be great, especially if the computer player made good moves)

Mr. Turtle

Not in the catalog but I would love to see the board game "Risk" made into a ColecoVision title.

With all the skilled programmer out there I think these would be much better and more desirable releases. I agree with Daniel that just because it uses a popular game name, that doesn't make it a good game or a good idea. My 2¢

• Like 2

I think if you make a great game, then quite a few people will buy it. If you make just an okay game, then less people will buy it. If you attach a name such as "Halo" to it, then you'll likely get a least a few extra customers. If it really plays like the original, then you might get more customers.

I always wanted to have a box like that, for a game that was never an arcade game... something like "Math Fun! - Plays like the real arcade game".

That said, I have a feeling you have no intentions of creating this game without Bungie's permission, which you likely don't have. There's one or two other threads for that discussion - no need for another, I think.

5-11under

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...