IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

I am going through all my Atari stuff and notice that I have a lot of ST monitors and such. (I'm an 8-bit guy) Are any of these monitors useful to people? I also have a few systems if they would be of any interest.

Otherwise, it's into the e-waste dumpster.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have one ST Mono box and foam...

Bob

Which Atari ST systems do you have for sale or trade?

Do you have an external ST floppy drive available for sale?

I am going through all my Atari stuff and notice that I have a lot of ST monitors and such. (I'm an 8-bit guy) Are any of these monitors useful to people? I also have a few systems if they would be of any interest.

Bob

It's not for sale - I'm throwing it out. So far, an ST2 is going away. Should be a 1040ST and a 520STFM at some point.

I found the box for an external drive - the drive is somewhere, I expect.

Bob

Which Atari ST systems do you have for sale or trade?

Do you have an external ST floppy drive available for sale?

Bob

Bob

I would be interested.

I really would be interested in the Atari ST2 system since I do not own one.

If you find the external Atari ST floppy drive, I would be interested in that as well since that was my original inquiry.

I would be willing to pay for shipping to Michigan.

Thanks!

I origianally said no, but a ST2 might be nice, but if someone else wants to snag it that's cool...

Edited by jkonstan

4 mono monitors, 5 color monitors, mega2, megaST4, megafile30, and an STe. So far. I remember a laser printer and some 1040/520s - have not found them yet.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm interested in your ST stuff too. What do you have?

I'm willing to pickup locally in SF Bay Area.

Thanks, Phil

4 mono monitors, 5 color monitors, mega2, megaST4, megafile30, and an STe. So far. I remember a laser printer and some 1040/520s - have not found them yet.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks, Phil

If they are really going to the dumpster instead of other users, I can take the computers. However, I have to think about the monitors as they take up more space. I'll send you a PM.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks, Phil

Bob are all the color monitors SC1224?

If you are willing to ship (yes, I would pay for that!), I'd love to take whatever you have remaining. Everything you've listed is useful to me, although the Mega STE would be like a dream come true to me, almost as good as getting a Falcon.

I'm in Penticton, B.C., Canada. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I found 3 MoniTerm 19" monitors that may work on an ST. I believe that some or all may be green instead of white. Anyone that wants to play with them can have them. Otherwise, into e-waste.

I do not want to ship these things, sorry.

Bob

Bob

I found 3 MoniTerm 19" monitors that may work on an ST. I believe that some or all may be green instead of white. Anyone that wants to play with them can have them. Otherwise, into e-waste.

Bob

Bob

Please let someone pay the shipping charges for these if necessary. I can remember way back when these were the monitors you really wanted for DTP. They could do 1280x960. There were adapter boards that shipped with these that you needed so make sure you keep them together with the monitors if you have them. It may explain any loose boards that you find that you don't know what they are used for.

"Moniterm, a giant in the monitor industry, has completed a high-resolution interface board for the Atari Mega and the Moniterm Viking 1 and Viking 2400 monitor. The board connects to the Mega's internal bus connector and provides a monochrome screen resolution of 1280 by 960, more than twice the size of the current ST monochrome monitor.

The board will also have a socket for the Motorola 68881 math coprocessor that may be installed at a later time. The Viking 1 19-inch monitor and board will sell for a maximum of $1,995, according to Ward Johnson, President of Moniterm. The Viking 2400 24-inch monitor will sell for $2,595. Both monitors have an option for a non-glare screen. Properly written software should work immediately with the Moniterm monitor."

Edited by OldAtarian

Bob

Bob

Hi Bob,

OldAtarian has a point. Do you have any MegaSTs in your stash that have the monitor adapter boards installed in them? You should see an extra 9 or 15 pin port where the expansion slot cover is on the back of the MegaST just above the monitor and MIDI ports. It would be a good idea to lump them together to sell or give away. I may just come by and pick them up if you can bundle them up with a MegaST.

Anyone know if these Moniterm monitors work on the TT030? Maybe they don't need an adapter board in this case if someone can verify this.

Aw Crap man there was a Megafile30? Wait, that wasn't the Dave Small 030 upgrade was it?

Hey Doc! Nope, the Megafile30 was the square flat hard drive that

cosmetically matched the Mega ST's.

Perhaps you were referring to the SST upgrade that Dave Small did for

the Mega ST's? I'd love to have one of those myself! :)