IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

Some of the stuff I wouldn't mind shipping but the MoniTerms are big, heavy and I'm not sure that they can be used on an ST. I'd hate to ship this somewhere and have them not work... I know we did an article in our newsletter about them, so I know that something works, somehow.

Most of the other stuff (1040STs and such) aren't such a gamble.

Bob

I strongly urge the OP to let people pay the shipping for

these items.

It would be a shame to see them trashed... :(

Some of the stuff I wouldn't mind shipping but the MoniTerms are big, heavy and I'm not sure that they can be used on an ST. I'd hate to ship this somewhere and have them not work... I know we did an article in our newsletter about them, so I know that something works, somehow.

Most of the other stuff (1040STs and such) aren't such a gamble.

Bob

I strongly urge the OP to let people pay the shipping for

these items.

It would be a shame to see them trashed... :(

They work if you have the adapter boards that came with them. You may have the boards loose or installed in some machines that you have. It's hard to imagine you having so many of them and not getting the boards or machines with the boards installed in them. If I had a truck and the time to drive to make a coast to coast trip I'd drive out and pick them up myself but such is not the case, unfortunately.

Edited by OldAtarian

It's kind of fun, actually. I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff that I haven't seen in years. And, some junk that should have been thrown out long ago. One problem I discovered is that many of the hardware boxes do not have the hardware in them. Since they are all serial numbered, I need to find 'all' the boxes and 'all' the hardware so they can be kept together. Otherwise, I may end up with orphans...

Bob

Hows the spring cleaning going Bob....is it looking at bit more bare

A STacy has been found. It seems to work fine. Can anyone give me a range of what it is worth?

I also found another Atari laptop called an STBook. It does not seem to work - screen is all but invisible. (OS comes up, though) I'll look thru the manual and see if I can turn up the contrast. This is s/n 0018 - what may it be worth?

By worth, I mean what is commonly sold, neither cheap or dear. I know someone who just has to have it will pay more...

Bob

I am going through all my Atari stuff and notice that I have a lot of ST monitors and such. (I'm an 8-bit guy) Are any of these monitors useful to people? I also have a few systems if they would be of any interest.

Otherwise, it's into the e-waste dumpster.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have one ST Mono box and foam...

Bob

STacy would be worth a fair bit - even Portfolios fetch upward of $175 here, so I'd imagine $250 as a bare minimum.

STBook http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/16bits/stbook.html

I'd imagine that to be very rare, as the article states it never sold and only around 1,000 units were shipped for evaluation.

Edited by Rybags

$175 for a Portfolio? Maybe I should sell that one, also.

Thanks for the input!

Bob

STacy would be worth a fair bit - even Portfolios fetch upward of $175 here, so I'd imagine $250 as a bare minimum.

I'd imagine that to be very rare, as the article states it never sold and only around 1,000 units were shipped for evaluation.

A Portfolio for $175?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Unless it comes with a bucket load of add-ons, a stock Portfolio is worth around...$40-$50. You can buy a near-mint reconditioned Portfolio for the same price at Best Electronics. Oh wait, B&C Computervisions has it for only $100! :lol: :lol: :lol: I will stop laughing now. :P Anyway...

The STacy can fetch about $200 and up depending on condition and specs.

The STBook is a great collector's item. However, you won't fetch that much if it's broken. They are a b**** to fix and find parts for. However, someone will still want it, so don't send that to the e-waste! It still would make a great decorative piece in a collection. :P

$175 for a Portfolio? Maybe I should sell that one, also.

Thanks for the input!

Bob

Here's a recently sold used Portfolio:

post-16281-128591283852_thumb.jpg

....and here's a new one.....

post-16281-128591282724_thumb.jpg

.....and here's a 4MB stacy, earlier in the year....

post-16281-128591300877_thumb.jpg

The Stacy should definitely bring you some cash! The portfolio is still worth selling, too.

Edited by wood_jl

Agreed. The last Stacy on ebay went for around $250-ish. The one before that went for closer to $400 if I remember correctly.

I don't know how much it would normally sell for. There doesn't seem to be a market for them, either because of a lack of interest or rarity. That's why I'm asking you guys...

Bob

Hi, I would interested in the STBook. How much do you expect plus shipping?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...