IGNORED

Video Modded 2600 wanted!

Cebus Capucinis

Now that I have tasted the 7800 on the 120" projector I MUST HAVE MORE! I need a video modded 2600. Would prefer S-video but anything that can hook up to this bad boy is fine, composite via the 7800 looks nice so I assume via 2600 will look just as nice.

Must...play...Harmony...cart....on...projector....

:D

PM me if you've got one, willing to fork over the dough immediately!

Now that I have tasted the 7800 on the 120" projector I MUST HAVE MORE! I need a video modded 2600. Would prefer S-video but anything that can hook up to this bad boy is fine, composite via the 7800 looks nice so I assume via 2600 will look just as nice.

Must...play...Harmony...cart....on...projector....

:D

PM me if you've got one, willing to fork over the dough immediately!

Why not just use your 7800 for 2600 play?

1) I'm a purist.

2) 2600 carts won't sync properly with the projector when played through a 7800, and of course the Harmony cart won't work in the 7800 AFAIK. Video works for a second then blinks out, then blinks back in, then blinks back out on 2600 carts, but 7800 carts work brilliantly.

I'm guessing a modded 2600 console will fix this problem, and I can also play that Harmony cart on the projector! :D

I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure that he offers a modding service... I have his s-video mod in mine and it looks pretty close to RGB quality so I can't recommend it highly enough.

Chris

P.S. I have big hands and I can mod stuff. You just have to practice! The Atari has huge solder points.

Yeah, doing the LHE s-video mod to a 2600 is pretty easy, even more so if your system has a socketed TIA. When the hardest part of the install is drilling the holes in your system off of a template, that's when you know you have a good thing going. I actually have an 8bitdomain 2600 4 switch s-video mod here that I used for a bit and ditched in favor of the LHE mod. If interested in the mod kit, I'd probably let it go for $20 shipped.

2) 2600 carts won't sync properly with the projector when played through a 7800, and of course the Harmony cart won't work in the 7800 AFAIK. Video works for a second then blinks out, then blinks back in, then blinks back out on 2600 carts, but 7800 carts work brilliantly.

Maybe the TIA part of your 7800's video mod is faulty?

I use a Harmony cart in my 7800 regularly.

Do you have to get a special firmware for it or something? When I put the Harmony in this 7800 all I get is a whining noise and nothing from the console itself. Regular 2600 carts show up with that video issue, but the Harmony won't even display a screen. Did you have to do anything special or did it just go from the plug-in?

I'd think that's likely the culprit, as the video comes up clear and great, it just blinks in and out, rendering 2600 games unplayable. I have yet to try the S-video connection on it -- that's something I'm hoping to do soon -- so perhaps that will fix the problem.

I'd think that's likely the culprit, as the video comes up clear and great, it just blinks in and out, rendering 2600 games unplayable. I have yet to try the S-video connection on it -- that's something I'm hoping to do soon -- so perhaps that will fix the problem.

That's so strange ... I tested that console, with both 2600 and 7800 games, on my 1702 monitor and on a conventional analog TV, and the 2600 games I tested (Pitfall II, Solaris, and a few others I'm forgetting at the moment) worked fine for me. I also used it with a projector--albeit an older one--some time ago, and had no issues. I didn't have an LCD TV to try it on, nor do I own a Harmony cartridge, so I don't have any firsthand knowledge of any issues that might be specific to those.

Have you tried it with an ordinary television? If it works on a TV and not the projector, then it's almost certainly an issue with the projector; if it doesn't, it must be the mod kit.