IGNORED

Unknown Universal Prototype Possibly Identified

Tempest

That was much later than the time period we're talking about.

He may remember names to contact and track down further leads, etc. In my experience, every lead - no matter how small or unlikely it may seem - is worth checking. I've turned up some big info caches with thinner leads than that.

I've spoken with him previously, as have others here. He's already told us pretty much everything he can remember (which is not very much).

That was much later than the time period we're talking about.

I'm aware of that, but from a research and networking standpoint that doesn't always matter. Someone around during that later period could know someone from the earlier one (quite often they're still around), or know how to get in touch with people from the earlier period. As I said, I've employed that in the past to good success. It's up to you guys if you don't want to.

John Marvin may be our best bet. He was interviewed in the past and seemed to remember a lot of stuff.

Another theory might be that this was a game done independantly by a company who wanted to sell it to Fox. Just because it's on a Fox style board doesn't mean that they necessarily commissioned it.

Tempest

I would bet money it's 6-pack. Yeah, it's nothing like the movie but thats the way it was with 20th century Fox. From what I remember reading they had insane deadlines also. Who knows, was probably programmed by someone who never even saw the movie. Sample...

TCF executive "The Kenny Rogers six pack game liscense is a go! What do we have?"

Faceless Cog "Johnson has a near complete game programmed about car racing"

TCF Executive "Sounds good, slap *know when to hold em* in the background and get our artist to work on the box"

Faceless Cog "yes sir, right away sir!"

THE NEXT WEEK...

TCF Executive "nobody wants games anymore, were shutting down and your all fired!"

Faceless Cog "lame..."

• Like 1

I would bet money it's 6-pack. Yeah, it's nothing like the movie but thats the way it was with 20th century Fox. From what I remember reading they had insane deadlines also. Who knows, was probably programmed by someone who never even saw the movie. Sample...

TCF executive "The Kenny Rogers six pack game liscense is a go! What do we have?"

Faceless Cog "Johnson has a near complete game programmed about car racing"

TCF Executive "Sounds good, slap *know when to hold em* in the background and get our artist to work on the box"

Faceless Cog "yes sir, right away sir!"

THE NEXT WEEK...

TCF Executive "nobody wants games anymore, were shutting down and your all fired!"

Faceless Cog "lame..."

That's probably closer to reality than you think. :)

Tempest

I want it. $10,000.

Just kidding! It never ceases to amaze me that year after year, unreleased stuff keeps popping up.

ian

This is actually an old discovery (07 I think). It's just that we may have an idea on the company now.

Tempest

Tempest, I think your over-worked and not getting enough sleep!

(07 I think)...WHAT?...not even close man!

I sent you the email in 2005, and this was a while after I had gotten my own TCF proto cartridge.

Even worse, your own write up has AtariAge releasing the rom in 2004.

So this discovery was from AT LEAST 2004, and possibly even older, but certainly not 2007.