IGNORED

THPS4, Waddya think?

DeV0

HI All

Not sure whether this has been discussed??

Anyways, i just bought this game and have almost finished it already. Frankly i do think it sux. It reminds me of this god awful BMX game i used to own (Dave mirra2?),, Whats the point in being able to finish the entire game with 1 skater?? I mean doing the stoopidly easy pro skater stuff for the other skaters to see there movies is very lame. I feel i've finished it in two sittings.

In my mind 1 & 2 where great, 3 was not so great, 4 is a bmx game with skaters.

GGGrrrr :)

Ok

Truth is i luuurv the tony hawk games to such a degree that i have every version for all consoles except XBOX.

I spent a ridiculous ammount of time on 1,2 & 3 just getting bigger combos, longer lines , U name it, I love the hawk franchise.

I'm a bit bitter because i finished the pro challenges so quickly and really only took a while to get Kareems. I have found the game too easy and i would have thought that being number 4 that neversoft may have upped the difficulty knowing the majority of buyers would have mastered the first 3.

Bought on sunday, played from about 5PM to 11PM, played monday night from 6 to 10:30 pm, All that is left is the money and mini games :(

You were doing each challenge almost first time?! I find that hard to believe... some my brother and I have attempted countless times and still haven't figured it out yet to do...

If that is the case... sheesh... perhaps you can enlighten me on how to do a few that are seemingly impossible! :D

Dev0... ah one thing you can help us on is the Zoo... doing the tricks over Kenny the koala. We've tried them so many times... doing them singley and both in one trick... but the sodding program never seems to recognise we're jumping over him! Suggestions please as to how to do that sodding challenge! :x

Hi

Back on line from home,, nice and narrowband.

Huh? is this even a pro point?? I only spoke to kenny the koala who advised to irritate the elephant as to open the aquarium,, thats all i can remember,, i'll play again tonight.

I take back my easyness approach, Some of these cash icons are a bitch, I still have not finished it,, Grrrrrr, I can't get on top of the highest point in the shipyard!

Oh, BTW, whilst hideously drunk at 2am Fri Night i did the 2nd C O M B O combo in alcatraz, just to prove i could

Ahhh

Ok, alls i can say is that it is a strange anomolie that it's not working for you,, Thats a weird one indeed,, hmmm,, Really i cant answer it. I did however have problems with taking the bobbies helmets off in london, I guess it's the same kind of deal?? I found that 9 out of ten times the bluntside the awning in thps2 for the DC on the last level didnt work, another strange one.

Im going to take the easy way out, There a action replay cheats available now.

yesterday, i bought sony's winter jampack disc... it has a pro skater 4 demo. i played for about 20 mins and didnt accomplish a damn thing! it was great! im not being sarcastic, the game has huge, wide-open worlds where you can skate around doing nothing, and have a blast doing it. when i did get around to playing a mission-type thing, i noticed they were more difficult, which is good because i found the first 4 areas in THPS3 to be too easy. i'll probably buy this a little later...

yesterday, i bought sony's winter jampack disc... it has a pro skater 4 demo. i played for about 20 mins and didnt accomplish a damn thing! it was great! im not being sarcastic, the game has huge, wide-open worlds where you can skate around doing nothing, and have a blast doing it. when i did get around to playing a mission-type thing, i noticed they were more difficult, which is good because i found the first 4 areas in THPS3 to be too easy.  i'll probably buy this a little later...

You use to say all the new Tony Hawk games are just the same asthe old ones.And this is why we judge games after we play them.No harm ment. :) :ponder: :roll:

• 1 month later...

I've been enjoying Tony Hawk 4 for a while now, but, I have one advantage... see, I suck... So, that makes the games last a WHOLE lot longer. Perhaps you should try playing while drinking Nyquil? That might slow down your reaction time to the point where you're not beating the games so quickly?

That, I say in jest, of course... but I tell you, sometimes it really does pay to suck at these games.