IGNORED

Halo Reach

moycon

My Collectors Edition (at standard edition price) of Halo Reach shipped free overnight delivery via Fed Ex today and should be here tomorrow!!! (Gotta love Amazon)

Now if only I had my permanent home network setup. (Will be another month and a half before I get DSL)

I currently have a single Comcast cable connection attached to a wired switch so I'm able to get on Live in my office.

Anyone else going to be playing some Halo Reach tomorrow??

I went to the midnight launch earlier tonight. Unfortunately, I then got called into work, so I am unable to play it. The up side to it though is since I'm working tonight, I get to take off tomorrow night. So, yes, I will be online tomorrow night! :D

Anyone want to sell me their copy of Halo 3? :ponder: ..Al

If you don't mind shopping at GameStop, used copies are now $15!

and Amazon is giving a $20 video game credit with purchase of Reach, not bad. :D

..Al

Which I'll be using to snag the Fallout Vegas collectors edition, once again paying standard price for the collectors edition! (Here's hoping Amazon gives a $20 credit with Fallout 3 as well so the cycle can continue.)

I really like the Limited Edition, but, is it just me, or does it smell? The first thing I noticed when I slid the "drawer" out of the box was this smell, kind of like a glue or adhesive? I'm not sure. Pretty stinky though, might have to leave the box out in the open for a few days. Which makes me laugh, but it really does smell. lol

Without a doubt, the best Halo game. Story is fantastic, graphics are good, level design is fast paced and pretty open at all times, and the enemy AI is downright wicked. Once again, Bungie didn't need to reinvent the wheel, they just made it better. 4 player campaign co-op took us 6:17, didn't mess with Firefight or Deathmatch yet but will get around to it maybe tomorrow night. This game is SICK!!

From what I've played so far I thinks it's easily tied with the first as the best Halo game. I'm playing on normal and man, the a.i. is turned up to 11. I'm liking the outdoors, larger scale battles alot.

Unfortunately I can't afford an XBL card this week but XBL is going "free to play" for Reach this weekend, so those who aren't gold members can get a taste of the online.

That special edition 360 is pretty sweet looking. Yeah it's like they took the best of Halo 1-3 and ODST and threw it all in one big pot and then added the kitchen sink. I feel the beginning 1-2/3rds of the campaign story could have been done better. I didn't quite feel the connection with the other characters like in say ODST but once the story gets rolling it is real compelling.

I won't say anymore lest I spoil things. Just consider this the Halo magnum opus, swan song, final hoorah. Now that microsoft is taking over they are probablly gonna run the franchise into the ground.

Hmm free online play this weekend? Time for some AA'ers to hook up and play some campaign! Anyone willing?

Edited by Shannon

Ugg, multiplayere? I hate deathmatch....wait...free? You mean they are going to charge to play this game online? F(censor) that. I guess I won't be playing it at all online then.

I do like that they bought the health pack back, finely after all these years. The "mods" I guess you'd call them are cool, and the night vision is cool without being over the top. Other than that, I feel almost exactly like I'm playing the first game, had it been released now instead of 10 years ago. Great story, nice graphics, the guns are mostly better....only downside I've seen so far, is that it seems the dudes arm shrunk or something, you really have to be right in someones face in order to hit them.

Chilled at Walmart till midnight getting winded in the middle of electronics.

Some kid walked up and said "hey mister, are you getting Halo Reach too?"

I was like "huf, huf, wheeze, halo's finely coming out, it's comein gout and I"m getting one....WHAT?! NO. Halo doesn't come out till thursday kid, now beat it huf hufff"

Kid's like "what? Oh, Ok then... :( "

and I'm like "heh, he he heh...dumbass bought it, Nobody's getting my copy...without a broke arm or something."

Kid comes back "hey dude, what's today?"

Me "uh...it's the 14th, go away, I have....."things" to do.."

Kid "Oh, it is supposed to come out today then, Woohoo"

Me "what WHAT WHAT??!? NOOOOoooo....."

Anyhow, I got the collectors edition, thought about getting the collectors Xbox, but eh, the game I got will be around for years, what about when the xbox dies? Though so far, that doesn'tseem to be a problem with the new versions, but still.

I didn't even have to kill anybody, or break any granny's arms or anything like that :P

And considering all the plastic crap inside, the game actually doesn't smell that much....now 80's atari games, you could, and often would, get high when opening a new one of those. :P

Edited by Video

I do like that they bought the health pack back, finely after all these years.

Me : Yes I agree they did a fine job on the health packs.

Video : No I ment it's cool they are now back in Halo Reach for the first time in forever.

Me : Yes it was great to finally see them in ODST last year wasn't it?

Video : what WHAT WHAT??!? NOOOOoooo..... Oh wait, yeah.

I haven't had a chance to play much.

Just so busy. Did anyone notice there is an achievement for playing through the game on legendary...by yourself! *gulp*

What's with the jacckassitty among so many people on AA all of a sudden (no this isn't the only case i've run into the past month :roll:

What? There's a new Halo game? They should really advertise if they want people to buy it.

;)

I've seen adds for the past month or so, and even further back if your counting Walmart or game stores. And the people interested in the game have been looking at this thing for at least 6 months now.

What's with the jacckassitty among so many people on AA all of a sudden (no this isn't the only case i've run into the past month :roll:

What? There's a new Halo game? They should really advertise if they want people to buy it.

;)

I've seen adds for the past month or so, and even further back if your counting Walmart or game stores. And the people interested in the game have been looking at this thing for at least 6 months now.

I do believe your sarcasm meter is broken.

..Al

• Like 1

I haven't played a Halo game since the very first one...I think maybe I'll go back and start at the beginning and play through them all...just gotta find a used copy of 1 and 2 first :)

LOL me too.

I was thinking maybe I will get a copy of 2 (I still have 1) and play them now. After all the irritating madness has gone away. :P