IGNORED

High Score Club 8.06 - Blueprint

Ze_ro

OYAMAFAMILY'S FAVORITE GAMES - TOP 3 (in response to James Randall, the Toymailman):

Dark Chambers - Atari

Worm War 1 - 20th Century Fox Video Games

Xenophobe - Atari

Do we really want to spend a whole hour playing Dark Chambers? ;)

I rolled the score on that game once. I think it rolls at 99,900

ROADRUNNER, the score which I showed to verify the maximum value on Blueprint ARE INVALID TO COUNT! ONLY FOR SPECIAL INFORMATIONS!

About Dark Chambers, I've ever rolled the score of 99,990 points when I was learning to play it (just for training), on settings Easy, Medium (default), and Hard.

Okay, I've got my contraption worked out.

These are the pieces to get, in this order:

1. A rolling easel (rolling to help with aiming)

2. An Atari Vader (because its more ominous than a Junior). This sits on the easel with the back of the Vader towards the floor.

3. Vader power pack (plug it in)

4. CX-40 Atari joystick (plug it in)

5. Semi-automatic cartridge ejector (Still being developed in the lab of our R&D department. Coming soon.) Insert into cartridge slot.

6. Any cart, as long as its a shooter (Hitting Ollie with a Smurfs cart just wouldn't be right). Insert cart into the semi-automatic ejector.

Roll the easel to aim and press the joystick button. This triggers the ejector, which shoots the cart across the room, knocking out Ollie.

Here's my best tips and techniques, since not too many scores have been posted this could come in handy. Pick and choose which tip/s or what area of the game you need help on.

Tips for Blueprint...

The Neighborhoods

1. First round, [3] pieces of the contraption are hidden, you should be able to memorize where the parts are being dropped off since there's only 3. Basically just run to each of those houses and complete contraption and the level.

2. Second round, [5] hidden parts now... and this round is tricky.. pay CLOSE attention to what areas the pieces are hidden, you don't have to be exact, just be sure what part of the neighborhood has the 5 pieces, and try to memorize the where the last piece is as you don't want to forget suddenly after doing well finding the others parts easily. By recalling where the last piece is it helps you finish up the level smoothly.

3. Third Round +, From now on, there are [8] missing pieces/parts of the contraption...the best way I done these levels so far, is by memorizing where the first 2 or 3 missing parts are, and also, the last 2 parts. also I try memorizing which houses have no parts at all, which is only 2 houses! so I avoid them and start my search, quickly tracking down the first few parts, and maybe making a few guesses in mid-game. A few errors seem inevitable, but with some luck or if an easy pattern develops for you, you can do well and finish without losing a life!

IT'S PROBABLY MORE IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER WHICH 'CORRECT' HOUSES YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TO AND FINISHED SEARCHING, THEN IT IS TO MEMORIZE THE HOUSES THAT HAVE PIECES IN THEM! BY KNOWING WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN HELPS QUITE A BIT IN THE LATER STAGE OF THE GAME, AND IT WILL PREVENT YOU FROM GOING TO THE SAME PLACES OVER AND OVER AND HOPEFULLY NOT LOSE CRITICAL TIME IN SAVING DAISY.

THE TOP HOUSES ARE TOUGHEST TO RUN BACK DOWN, AND DEFUSE A BOMB!SO TRY TO BE AWARE HOW MANY PIECES ARE HIDDEN UP THERE... MISTAKES MADE AT THE TOP HOUSES, SEEM TO BE THE MOST COSTLY OR TIME CONSUMING.

Beginner tips,

1. Practice , practice, practice... focus, focus, and relax! Read the whole manual. It gives you the idea of how to play and what to do. Pieces of the Contraption need to be completed in sequence from bottom to top. This is the only way, to advance you to shooting down Ollie.

2. Ollie is chasing Daisy, and THAT Troll needs to be SHOT before you can advance to the next level... you have a Contraption to fire at him to save Daisy, you ONLY can save Daisy when all pieces of your Contraption are collected and placed in the "correct" order!

Best and fastest use of the Contraption is by,... pulling the joystick up/away from you till you see the meter read (I) straight up (right top corner)...this means the weapon will fire directly upwards, and also seems the fastest... this aim works best for me, in shooting down Ollie.

To hit Oille "most times" accurately, wait till Daisy is about to run across the screen, she will be near the edge of the left side, (with your contraption aimed UP) hit the fire button at the moment Daisy is about to cross the screen at the left, this should hit Ollie on his return to the middle... although Time differences in how fast or slow you completed the Contraption effects how accurate your timing is in hitting Ollie. YEAH, so make adjustments to this, you can move the Contraption left and right, but I found this no real help...as I memorized my aim and shot "straight down the middle", and I recommend that area to hit Ollie.

3. Bombs, these need to be disposed at the BOMB PIT, the right corner of the screen, it's a red circle, put the Bomb in that red circle... moving diagonal to the bomb pit ACTUALLY SAVES TIME! So if the color of the bomb turns red, you should cut an angle holding the joystick down/right. Hit the pit right in the middle...till you hear the fuse go out!

If you complete a level very quickly, you can dump off 3-5 bombs for about 50 to 200 points extra on your score. Only do this if you have good consistent aim against Ollie.

4.Button pressing Hold the button down when you search the houses!! You will move at a much faster pace... though when the color reads RED, you have run outta' gas, and need to find the next part for you to become a quick mover again... and when you do... hold that button down!

5. Fuzzy Wuzzy, one way you can escape him besides running away is, by hiding in one of the houses till he is gone, try to run to a save house with no bombs if you can, also use caution when you are near him, try to stop and check his movement before going on your way, he can double back and hit you sometimes.

~I think that's all folks, hope the tips help~

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

Rolled it!

The first screenshot is right before the bullet hits Ollie, the second is right after Ollie meets his 20,000 point demise.

I lost all concentration after the rollover and just stopped.

Good memory jr.! I wouldn't be surprised if you're the only one to roll this memory game.

:cool:

It probably rolls at 20k's because only Einstein's could achieve 20k's playing solo.

You did play it alone right Scrabbler? :D ;)

Rolled it!

The first screenshot is right before the bullet hits Ollie, the second is right after Ollie meets his 20,000 point demise.

Good memory jr.! I wouldn't be surprised if you're the only one to roll this memory game.

It probably rolls at 20k's because only Einstein's could achieve 20k's playing solo.

Yeah, I played it alone.

You gave some great tips. I'll just add a couple of tips based on the way I've been playing it.

First, I numbered the houses in my mind like this -

_1_2_3_

_4_5_6_

__8_9__

7_____10

As the pieces are going in the houses, I count out loud each of the first five houses. I keep repeating the order of the first five houses while I watch where the other three pieces are going. I can usually get the last three pieces right without using the numbers. I found that if I count higher than five numbers, it's too many for me to remember to keep the order right.

After I get the last three done, I call out the five numbers, e.g. One Three Six Seven Ten. Whatever the last number called out is where I go next. In the example, that would be Ten. Then I call out the four that are left and go to the last one, which now is Seven, and so on.

A big advantage in getting the order right is that every piece placed adds to the 'green speed' time. So most of the round can be played at top speed. It also means getting to Ollie quicker, which brings me to the way I take the shot.

I never add power to the gun. I take the shot at lowest power when Ollie passes under the left edge of the scoreboard at the top of the screen. Ollie will lap the screen twice and then run into the bullet. It also means maximum bonus points for the hit.

I will say that playing this week, with the counting out loud, has led to quite a few "Are you talking to me?" moments with my wife.

I number them the way toymailman does, but, so far (and, to be fair, I've only played it about 5-6 times so far) I still can't keep track even if I say them out loud. I tried writing them down but I still get them wrong. I think my brain is on dial up. I actually thought about recording myself saying the numbers and playing it back but am not sure how much time that would waste. I'm also having a tough time shooting Ollie as the bullet goes so slow. I'll have to try your tips.

Best score so far: 2625

post-2105-128486665973_thumb.jpg

Ok don't laugh, I am probably "mechanically challenged" but,

I Designed a sorta, engineer pulley system, which is powered up to open and close a confined area, like an elevator does... with the use of the "up" or "down", buttons on the left side of the (build escape) tunnel, the doors will shut on both sides of the tunnel,

(which was put together for daisy to run into), Ollie WILL NOW have to "bend down", and stop running to cram into this tube and it allows Daisy more time to get ahead... now, if Ollie wants to be smart, and stop chasing, or run to the other end of the tunnel, the hero can close Daisy inside the tunnel, using mechanical pulley system... and hold her in there, but most likely she will run out of the tunnel, in time, and hit the red button (down) which will,

enclose Oille in the tunnel trapped behind both the doors.

NOW they have time to CALL THE POLICE, at one of the houses in town ;)

Won't go to jail on murdering Oille either :thumbsup:

post-3059-128488376998_thumb.jpg

Rolled it!

Yeah, I played it alone.

You gave some great tips. I'll just add a couple of tips based on the way I've been playing it.

First, I numbered the houses in my mind like this -

_1_2_3_

_4_5_6_

__8_9__

7_____10

I never add power to the gun. I take the shot at lowest power when Ollie passes under the left edge of the scoreboard at the top of the screen. Ollie will lap the screen twice and then run into the bullet. It also means maximum bonus points for the hit.

I will say that playing this week, with the counting out loud, has led to quite a few "Are you talking to me?" moments with my wife.

Good tips! :thumbsup: The number thing I haven't tried to master yet, as I'm having trouble remembering "house numbers" and where the parts are going (it's very fast)... like sometimes, it looks to be in number 9 but it actually went in 10 or even 6. I guess that's my eyes fault... that is a nice tip for the advanced player.

The tip on the 'slower' use of the Contraption or Gun... is excellent! It works everytime,

and awards some more points to your score.

Leave the Gun at power zero, and just hit the fire button when Ollie passes right "under" the high score or middle. :thumbsup: PERFECT!

Although if time is running out, I suggest maybe adding some power... I did run outta time once 'cause the bullet was too slow moving.

Still plenty of room for more scores,

No Blueprint scores yet, from these gamers.

* Jifremok

* Deteacher

* zylon

* LarcenTyler

* HatefulGravey

* pis

* Chuck D. Head

* Pioneer4x4

* Zoyx

* MrJimbo

* satan165

* Mister VCS

* 4Ks

* SeaGtGruff

* ed1475

* pacmanplayer

* Austin

* rmaerz

* littleman jack

* MIKE5200

Remember guys, at least '1' participation point or more for a low or high score,

and an idea for a Contraption = (+3 points), will award a total of at least (4) or more points!

:thumbsup:

I had to look up Rube Goldberg before designing my contraption. I think this one fits the Rube Goldbergian mold :D

I'm not the best artist in the world, so here's an explanation on how it works: The kid puts a quarter in the Pac-Man machine, the coin goes out of the console onto a scale. The coin causes the cracker to pop up making the parrot leave his swing to catch it. The swing knocks a bunch of balloons attached to a hook off its peg. The balloons float up and the hook opens a toaster oven. Out pops a pan of lasagna which coaxes Garfield off his fat butt. When he leaves his bed, the bed springs up and throws a record into a chamber that leads to a record player attached to two huge speakers. The record begins to play which happens to be the worst song EVER. For me, that would be "Apache (Jump On It)" by the Sugar Hill Gang, but that is left to interpretation. Anyway, the music is so loud it is heard on the platform above and people can't wait to get away from the noise so they run right through a rope holding up a good ol' traditional cartoon anvil which falls on an unsuspecting Ollie.

post-2105-128495833547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss 2600

Here's my design to get Ollie.

First I jump into the bomb pit.

Second, I dig a tunnel to where Ollie is chasing the girl.

Third, I knock on all the doors in the neighborhood and ask if I can have the bombs that the families are storing around.

Fourth, I fill up the bomb pit with the donated bombs.

Finally, I throw in a match and light the bombs when Ollie is over the tunnel; KaBoom!

post-10944-128499496317_thumb.jpg

I had to look up Rube Goldberg before designing my contraption. I think this one fits the Rube Goldbergian mold :D

I'm not the best artist in the world, so here's an explanation on how it works: The kid puts a quarter in the Pac-Man machine, the coin goes out of the console onto a scale. The coin causes the cracker to pop up making the parrot leave his swing to catch it. The swing knocks a bunch of balloons attached to a hook off its peg. The balloons float up and the hook opens a toaster oven. Out pops a pan of lasagna which coaxes Garfield off his fat butt. When he leaves his bed, the bed springs up and throws a record into a chamber that leads to a record player attached to two huge speakers. The record begins to play which happens to be the worst song EVER. For me, that would be "Apache (Jump On It)" by the Sugar Hill Gang, but that is left to interpretation. Anyway, the music is so loud it is heard on the platform above and people can't wait to get away from the noise so they run right through a rope holding up a good ol' traditional cartoon anvil which falls on an unsuspecting Ollie.

post-2105-128495833547_thumb.jpg

Nice idea, good funny drawing! :cool: ...

The Rube Goldberg thing, is NOT something I'd be talented at lol...

Ok, I knew I could do better. 11,775.

I had to resort to playing in emulator this time. A friend of mine just got into the collecting scene and I set him up with one of my systems, a complete set of controllers and my Kroko Cart. Since I didn't have the Blueprint cart, yadda yadda yadda. :)

post-9712-128511917911_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher