IGNORED

Which Vectrex Multicart?

spaceman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The topic here has been dead for close to a year.

Since this time has passed, what is the your opinion on the best Vectrex Multi or Flash cartridge to get? Is the Flash Cartridge still the best one to obtain? Even if it's sold out does anyone have links as to where I might obtain one from? (Or whom as a trusted seller/maker of the cart would be)

I understand that there is a bit of hum that comes from the games on this old system. I'm assuming this is present with all multi/flash carts? I'm currently taking my time, looking to purchase a well cared for console that will be flawless and reliable. Has anyone experienced one console having more hum then another one?

If not all my questions can be answered, that's fine. Any little bit of help to allow me to make a decision on my purchase of anything Vectrex related that I will be content with would be appreciated.

Game/Collect On!

(Hoarder in denial)

Edited by Bodyshots

Personally, the hum is just part of the experience to me. Maybe mine just doesn't produce as much as some other units, I don't know, but it just sounds like early '80s "portable" technology to me (I've had the same Vectrex since xmas '82, though it was supposedly my brother's until he left it behind for college). If anything, MESS and other emulators are missing that option as far as I'm concerned, though it would be easy enough to sample and play in a loop in the background.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 1

Can anyone point me to a place to order VecMulti? vectrex.biz doesn't open when I go there. The website gives me a 403 error indicating that the website "declined to show this page"

"This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage."

Perhaps these really are unavailable?

Guess you have to catch him just at the right time. I e-mailed Richard and had extremely good luck. Said he happened to be making a few more and got right back to me with PayPal info, etc. Came with a nice compact case that he made with his 3D printer. Great product! Just wish you could drag and drop files straight to the SD card without having to first monkey around with them using a proprietary program.

I use a Mac, so when the time comes to add/remove files, will have to look into what D. Spice Jr. has come up with. :)

I will be building some more, it's just finding the time. My Virtual Boy stuff (flash and repro carts) is taking a LOT of my time at the moment.

Thanks to all the helped point me in the right direction. @ save2600 , thanks for that information. I will research it. I have a Vectrex on the way. It appears quite pristine and in fine working order. Can't wait to try it out!

In the meantime I will remain patient and go with Richards premium Cart… when he gets the chance. '2 thumbs up'

PS: need an AtariVox+ too please!

Edited by Bodyshots

Hey Richard, I registered on this forum just to say that I'm interesting in buying a VecMulti cart too once you get around to making a few more. If you have a list, my email is kertgartner [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!

I will be building some more, it's just finding the time. My Virtual Boy stuff (flash and repro carts) is taking a LOT of my time at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Happens all the time unfortunately :(

One of my VirtualBoy repro's recently sold for $250 (I got $20 for making it).

i got one of your original flashboy carts many years ago, no way would i ever sell it, at some point in the future if you ever get your website working again (or a new url) i'd love to get one of your vec multi sd based cards.

• 2 months later...

I'm a little late to the party but I'd love a chance to get one of these if they ever come back into production! I purchased a VecFlach a few years back from Richard and I keep an old Pentium 200Mhz laptop around just for the serial port to interface with it! :) I'm guessing now that Willie has started a Vectrex podcast and mentioned his VecMulti, many like me have just heard about it and would love to get our hands on one. I honestly hope Richard can find the time and hopefully earn enough on them to make it worth his effort... I tip my hat and glass to anyone who has surmounted the enormous mountain of research to obtain the knowledge, tools and skills necessary to gift us with such technology!