IGNORED

sd SIO Device

Arkanoid_376970

Hey guys!

I've been running my A600XL with the few 400/800/XL/XE carts i have, and have been looking at expanding my horizons in 8bit gaming. I've got a 1050 Disc Drive, but no discs to play off it :( and was thinking of getting an SIO device. I am looking for something that uses SD cards, has two (preferrably) SIO ports (so i can connect is as drive 1 and 1050 as drive 2). I use an SD2IEC for my C=64 and am happy with how it operates, can anyone suggest a suitable SD SIO device?

I am looking for something that uses SD cards, has two (preferrably) SIO ports (so i can connect is as drive 1 and 1050 as drive 2).

You have 2 choices: either the SIO2SD or the SDrive. The differences between those 2 have been discussed a million times here, for example:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166059-myide-internal-myide-cart-sio2sd-or-other

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146296-writable-sio-solutions

Or just do a forum search and you'll end up with more articles than you can ever read :-)

SIO ports are a problem, though, only Steve Tucker seems to have plenty of them.

so long,

Hias

You can easily use a single SIO socket device with multiple drives etc. Just make it the last device on the chain. You can still set a real drive to device 1, just make sure to only use the other device as drives 2,3,etc unless you have the real drive turned off.

You can easily use a single SIO socket device with multiple drives etc. Just make it the last device on the chain. You can still set a real drive to device 1, just make sure to only use the other device as drives 2,3,etc unless you have the real drive turned off.

True that... I'm only New to A8 and still need to learn my disc commands. Sounds great, i might look into an SIO2SD... as long as i can secure an SIO port so i can box it and make it an external drive

OP:

having two sio ports isnt as much of an issue these days as it once was, unless you are planning on running two single sio devices, which mostly are newer tech storage devices, and older single printer ports.

sloopy.

For multiple SIO ports, get a EASI/O Spider from Rick at More than games. It works well here.

MOre than games:

not to mention a SDrive from Rick too...