IGNORED

Best game for the Lynx?

Cliff Friedel

It´s really amazing. Just keep in mind that the easter egg is what was supposed to be Battlezone 2000 to begin with, but some really weird Atari decision was made to scrap the 2000-version and just use the original Battlezone as main game. I think I read that it was not even planned to put the 2000 version in as easteregg but a dev did anyway. We should be thankful for that. As cool as the original Battlezone is, it would be a shame to have lost the 2000-remake. Would have made more sense to have that as the main game and the old Battlezone as easter egg, but who cares as long as they are both on the cart.^^

So true. I would have searched for it if it were the classic Battlezone alone. Really amazing why Atari, so shortly before the end of the Lynx´ first professional lifespan, decided that the market is not prepared for 3d color action that is like Battlewheels, only more complex and more organized. And that this, too, fits on the cartridge!

Somehow I am reminded, but it´s no good comparison, to the GBA´s WarioWare. While usually you have to work your way through 200 5-second-minigames each, about a dozen of them is actually an almost full version, like Dr. Mario, which you can play nearly like normal.

Or like the Gameboy Gallery series...by working your way through the cartridge, you get more and more new minigames as a present.

I have a mind to almost offer you a swap: BZ 2000 for Lynxopoly - but I can´t do that ;) I´m going to write you a PM very soon about your game. This is now the final major item on my Lynx wants list (which, all in all, included about 20 games of the library of ca. 72 classics and ca. 30 "new generation" titles which are all available.

I´m still too new with the Lynx to really be able to recommend one-and-the-only game...BZ 2000 fights with Battlewheels, Warbirds, Joust, Rampart,Shanghai and Steel Talons.

Blue Lightning, Awesome Golf, Hydra, Battlewheels, California Games, Checkered Flag, Dracula: The Undead and Steel Talons are my favorites. Warbirds is great fun if you have three or four people to link up with, but as a single player game or dogfighting with just one other person, it gets boring quick.

I think Blue Lighting was one of the highest rated Lynx games by the gaming press and even won some handheld Game of the Year awards back in the day.