IGNORED

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition

Christophero Sly

Does this edition eliminate the so-called "online tether?" If not, I won't bother.

I can check for the PS3 version this weekend - I plan on disconnecting the PS3 from the internet prior to putting the disc in to see what happens. I don't know if the 360 version will be the same of course.

Does this edition eliminate the so-called "online tether?" If not, I won't bother.

Not that I know of. I have both the PC and console versions and I can play offline without a problem.

From what a friend just told me, based on what they've seen in bioware's and EA's forums, it looks like you will have to register with EA and sign in at least once to "authorize" your on-disc DLC. I still have no plans on signing up for EA's forums or their servers so I guess I've been cheated. (They don't explicitedly say you need to authorize the DLC that's on the disc. They do say you need to register with EA to access "online features" but if it's on the disc... where the hell is the "online feature"?)

That'll teach me to throw some money at the developer. Could have saved an extra 5 bucks and gotten the same experience.

Not that I know of. I have both the PC and console versions and I can play offline without a problem.

From what a friend just told me, based on what they've seen in bioware's and EA's forums, it looks like you will have to register with EA and sign in at least once to "authorize" your on-disc DLC. I still have no plans on signing up for EA's forums or their servers so I guess I've been cheated. (They don't explicitedly say you need to authorize the DLC that's on the disc. They do say you need to register with EA to access "online features" but if it's on the disc... where the hell is the "online feature"?)

That'll teach me to throw some money at the developer. Could have saved an extra 5 bucks and gotten the same experience.

Yeah your right. I have the Steam version so in my case its a bit different. It did gave me a CD key but i have no idea if steam had to register the game or not before I can play.

I didnt have to enter the key in at all...I just started playing the game. After that I was able to play online or offline it didn't matter.

I mostly play offline anyway cause I dont care if my stats get uploaded.

The online "features" are optional. Its just your stats and stuff being uploaded to EA's website. As well as what DLC you already own.

Edited by cimerians