IGNORED

Project "OverAqu"

the-topdog

Why not do Intellivision/Coleco first? :? I can't be the only one with an Atarimax Coleco cart that would be interested in a set of overlays..

I can cut Intellivision and Coleco overlays right now with my digital cutter. They are simple... all I need are graphics to print onto the cardstock and we are good to go. If anyone has clean scans of the wanted overlays, just send em to me and we can see what we can create.

Hmmm, I forgot all about this until I got my Aqaricart recently. Topdog, maybe we can do a kick-starter type of thing and folks can chip in some cash to help with the dies?
My construction project from hell is finally winding up... just gotta build the storage shelves and workbench... then I can get back to Project OverAqu. I'm going to bite the bullet and just purchase some dies for the overlays once I have cashflow again.

Cool. I, for one am ready to chip in to the cost (says the moron with no idea what the cost might actually be). So, is the garage you added really going to be a garage, or a gameroom? :D :D

So, is the garage you added really going to be a garage, or a gameroom? :D :D

Unfortunately it won't be a gameroom. Last year my disabled mother-in-law had to leave the place she was staying, so I built an addition on our house for her, effectively making our house a duplex. Her car had been left out in the weather since then, and it is a really nice car.

So this year I constructed a garage for us to store it in for her. It has taken me months to build it myself and all my spare time. I have had to throw ALL of my spare cash from each paycheck at it.

But it is finally sealed and her car is in it. The last thing to do on the interior is to build shelves in the built-in storage bays and add a workbench... then we can move all of her stuff being stored in my workshop into it (giving me more room in my workshop to store more vintage games :D) I should be able to do that this coming weekend.

The exterior still needs finish trim and paint, but I'll do that next year. I feel I need to get back into the gaming scene to decompress a bit.

• Like 1

But it is finally sealed and her car is in it. The last thing to do on the interior is to build shelves in the built-in storage bays and add a workbench... then we can move all of her stuff being stored in my workshop into it (giving me more room in my workshop to store more vintage games :D) I should be able to do that this coming weekend.

The exterior still needs finish trim and paint, but I'll do that next year. I feel I need to get back into the gaming scene to decompress a bit.

Good man! It does sound like you deserve a little break!

Good for you, Erik! We undertook a similar project last spring, building an addition onto our house for my sister and her kids. My work on the Aquaricart was done when I wasn't busy helping out with that project, and because we're doing it all ourselves in our spare time, we're actually still working on it. It will triple the size of the house by the time it's finished, though. :-D

• Like 1

This is the beast... I had to sell some of my collection to get the doors. I was hoping it would be like a 2 month project but it has taken me the better part of 6 months to get this far. Project OverAqu will be just the thing I need to reconnect with the community. I have put off way too many things to get this done. I still have a giant package to send off to Jay (now that I'll have cash for the shipping :D).

post-24636-0-51084200-1320249450_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Why not do Intellivision/Coleco first? :? I can't be the only one with an Atarimax Coleco cart that would be interested in a set of overlays..

I can cut Intellivision and Coleco overlays right now with my digital cutter. They are simple... all I need are graphics to print onto the cardstock and we are good to go. If anyone has clean scans of the wanted overlays, just send em to me and we can see what we can create.

Where do you get the correct plastic style paper to make overlays?

Maybe even to make the imagic style overlays?

Where do you get the correct plastic style paper to make overlays?

Maybe even to make the imagic style overlays?

I'd just use opaque transparency overlay film kinda like this http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/782888/3M-Transparency-Film-For-Color-Laser/?cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Google-_-AV_Supplies_and_Equipment-_-782888-{copy:IQ_PE}&mr:trackingCode=41056F1B-EC81-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA