IGNORED

If you want any arcade stuff...

Cupcakus

Let me know... I have everything, and can build/restore anything you may need. This is how I pay the bills during "Unemployment" periods... If you want a custom arcade control panel for your PC including illumitated trackballs, rotary joysticks for games like Ikari Warriors.... or even just a vintage arcade cabinet like Frogger, or Ms. Pacman, or Asteroids.

And of course I can build a MAME cabinet for you as well, can't go wrong with a custom upright or tabletop cabinet that playes over 3000 classic arcade games, and is really coin op! Tokens, dimes, nickels, dollars, whatever you want.

Anywho... No more commercials from me... I just remembered I havn't really told everyone I do this and maybe some of you are interested. If you have questions... feel free to ask.

Oh and I have a VERY limited supply of Tron sticks and Star Wars flight yokes for those cabinets... as they are in pretty high demand, I usually end up selling out of those first.

And I almost forgot, Driving games are no sweat either, I can wire up arcade steering wheels and petals to an existing cabinet, or even make it PC compatable.

Due to the fact I don't have a Digital Camera, the pics I have are hard copy only :-( I'll have to take a trek down to Kinko's and scan them all in.

But the final product is to your specifications... the CP layout is just how you design it.

As for configurations.... anything you want really, one control panel for PC interface can have as many as 300 digital inputs, and 4 analog devices. Digital inputs include, coin op entry, joysticks, buttons, and so on. Analog inputs are... spinners/trackballs/rotary joysticks/flight yokes and so on...

Full cabinet configurations go from a simple upright to more elaborate things like, 4 player uprights, table top, rotating monitor table top to rotate between horizontal/vertical games.

Control Panel's can be "Hot" swapable too, so you just have to snap off one CP and snap on another, you can have one for Flight sims, one for driving, one for four way games like frogger, and so on... The list only ends at how much money you want to spend :-)

ok i have got a question.

if i wanted a full size arcade cabnate for my vcs with maybe some built in controllers how much would it cost me???

and could u do it?

i mean look at the current auction their showing on the main page

could that be done???

and if not that do u do cocktail table games????

and for how much?

ok i have got a question.

if i wanted a full size arcade cabnate for my vcs with maybe some built in controllers how much would it cost me???

and could u do it?

i mean look at the current auction their showing on the main page

could that be done???

and if not that do u do cocktail table games????

and for how much?

A full size cabinet, constructed, is around $600, and if you can't pick it up, freight is about $400 to ship it...

The cabinet will support up to a 27 inch TV, so the price of this is obviously the size you want...

The control panel wouldn't be too bad as you only need two standard 8-way joysticks, and one button for each player. If you wanted me to hack up a VCS and install a cartridge port, power and difficulty switches, select reset switches and the whole works into the control panel... that would be a custom job... I've never done that specificially, but it wouldn't be too hard. I would have to think about a price for that... Buttons and switches are $2 a piece, and drilling and installation into the CP is free for those items.

Plexiglass bezel, printed plexi Marquee, painted cabinet and bezel, T-Molding and labor are around $400.

Custom Cocktail tables are around $1,300 constructed... but just like uprights, the price depends on the material you want used...

Can I ask just one question?  Have you ever performed the Sidewinder hack(to hook up arcade controls to pc)?  And if so, is it hard?

I hook arcade controls to a PC using a simple keyboard/optical encoder PCB. I'm not one to really hack existing controllers, as there really is no need, and it's usually more expensive, and a hacked up controller is exceedingly difficult to secure to the insides of a control panel......

But controller hacks are usually not very hard, they usually involve soldering the contacts from the Arcade controls, to the pads on the controller PCB... That is what I would do if I created the VCS cabinet above...

If you want arcade controls for this project, let me know and I'll hook you up :-) Or if you want a Keyboard/Optical encoder instead of hacking up a controller I have those too :-)

Good luck!

Can I ask just one question?  Have you ever performed the Sidewinder hack(to hook up arcade controls to pc)?  And if so, is it hard?

I hook arcade controls to a PC using a simple keyboard/optical encoder PCB. I'm not one to really hack existing controllers, as there really is no need, and it's usually more expensive, and a hacked up controller is exceedingly difficult to secure to the insides of a control panel......

But controller hacks are usually not very hard, they usually involve soldering the contacts from the Arcade controls, to the pads on the controller PCB... That is what I would do if I created the VCS cabinet above...

If you want arcade controls for this project, let me know and I'll hook you up :-) Or if you want a Keyboard/Optical encoder instead of hacking up a controller I have those too :-)

Good luck!

If I do a project, I'll most likely do it myself(much funner, no shipping costs, and when you play it you know that it was something you did, not somebody else's work). I just wanted to know your opinion on controller hacks. How much would you charge to simply do a control panel?(a small one with 6 buttons and 1 joystick, and possibly 1 button on each side for pinball emulation)

Good luck!

If I do a project, I'll most likely do it myself(much funner, no shipping costs, and when you play it you know that it was something you did, not somebody else's work). I just wanted to know your opinion on controller hacks. How much would you charge to simply do a control panel?(a small one with 6 buttons and 1 joystick, and possibly 1 button on each side for pinball emulation)

$69.99 plus shipping for PS/2, $87.99 for USB.

So it's $70 for it to look like the picture(at the bottom).  That's a pretty good deal.  If I get some extra money soon, I'll definitely send you an email or a private message.  Do you just do ps/2 and USB, or do you also do parallel, serial, and gameport?

Yes pretty much, however that CP has a plexiglass overlay... if you want one of those that's a few more dollars, and it also has nine buttons instead of the eight you asked for, another button would be $2 more.

The CP will be PS/2 passthrough, so you will hook your keyboard into the CP, and the CP into your computer... and both will work simultaniously! I only have PS/2, USB encoders in stock... if you want game port, then I would probably just hack a controller like you stated above, the end product will cost more, as controllers cost more than encoders.

So it's $70 for it to look like the picture(at the bottom).  That's a pretty good deal.  If I get some extra money soon, I'll definitely send you an email or a private message.  Do you just do ps/2 and USB, or do you also do parallel, serial, and gameport?

Yes pretty much, however that CP has a plexiglass overlay... if you want one of those that's a few more dollars, and it also has nine buttons instead of the eight you asked for, another button would be $2 more.

The CP will be PS/2 passthrough, so you will hook your keyboard into the CP, and the CP into your computer... and both will work simultaniously! I only have PS/2, USB encoders in stock... if you want game port, then I would probably just hack a controller like you stated above, the end product will cost more, as controllers cost more than encoders.

$2 more per button isn't bad, I just expected a general estimate anyways. Another question that I would like to ask you, since you seem to have a lot of experience. Is 850MHZ fast enough to run most games in MAME?

$2 more per button isn't bad, I just expected a general estimate anyways. Another question that I would like to ask you, since you seem to have a lot of experience. Is 850MHZ fast enough to run most games in MAME?

250Mhz is enough to run anything you'd want... I generally stay at least in the PII 450 at least though... 850 is more than enough...

• 2 weeks later...