IGNORED

Showing/Playing Things while Loading

José Pereira

SUPER MARIO and CONTRA look so good and could be fantastic, even have a smart way of Multiplexing Sprites, but the author(s) just want to show that it is possible, but not end the Projects (and probably no one(s) nget in touch with them to use this Multiplexing for their Projects.

RIPPER even with flickering could be a real cool Game, stay/rest in peace, just as an YouTube video.

I think Pr0be prefers only to work on creating original games, he mentioned actually that they (Pr0be/OOz) had been working on a new game for a few months when he was last here several months ago. I guess part of the reason for those concept demos was to inspire others and to demonstrate his engine which he was planning to release for others to make use of.

SUPER MARIO and CONTRA look so good and could be fantastic, even have a smart way of Multiplexing Sprites, but the author(s) just want to show that it is possible, but not end the Projects (and probably no one(s) nget in touch with them to use this Multiplexing for their Projects.

RIPPER even with flickering could be a real cool Game, stay/rest in peace, just as an YouTube video.

I think Pr0be prefers only to work on creating original games, he mentioned actually that they (Pr0be/OOz) had been working on a new game for a few months when he was last here several months ago. I guess part of the reason for those concept demos was to inspire others and to demonstrate his engine which he was planning to release for others to make use of.

But wasn't a little bit strange that at the end of the Contra's video it shows the Turrican's Enemys bouncing around... strange...

That's because at almost the same time I was playing with anotherr Guy of some ways of porting Turrican into A8... but we give up for some time to turn into other things.

That Enemys going around flicker a bit, but that way PR0BE was thinking probably would work

at Turrican, probably, as it has one or Enemy at a Line more our Man, sometines two, and not many times three. Bonus Ball points could be by PFs/Missiles?

Will PR0BE could be used in Turrican "kind of" Game?

That's a good question, that an answer was very good, because ways of, Chars, DLIs,... we already get good looking IMHO...

José Pereira.

Just my 2 cents regarding porting big games... first of all... take as much as possible code and maps etc... and then add the bits and pieces... Turrican is imho far to big game... would be the same like porting an AAA game from 360 to Wii.

This is what PR0BE wrote here on September 2009:

"basically it's sorts all sprites by their Y-position, then starts from the top to bottom drawing each sprites from sorted list to PMG0-1 (if its free on current charline), if PMG0-1 is already used in current charline, the multiplexer try to draw this sprite to PMG2-3, if both PMG0-1 and PMG2-3 are not free then multiplexer try to figure out which sprite reject in next frame and which sprite to draw (it use priorities to determine sprite rejection)

I was worried that NTSC machine can have problem to change six registers in one scanline, but it's seems to work fine...

View PostHeaven/TQA, on Thu Oct 1, 2009 12:16 AM, said:

Cool stuff! looks like a Contra port on the way? or only a test? ;)

it's another test ;), but I'm very close to finish "universal" 2d game engine, so after that making a 2d game should be very easy ;)

today i started ripping graphics from super mario bros to see how it would look... maybe tommorow I finish it and share results... "

And you thought it was a "port on the way". But no, just to show what was possible.

And it was possible...

Pr0be have you ever finish the 2D Engine?

José Pereira.

AFAIK, no emulator yet supports playing "audio" as if it was part of a cassette. No great demand for it really, about all you'd want it for is the old language learning systems and the odd bit of other educational software that used it.

Altirra supports it, and so does the hacked Atari800.

Thanks, great.

Oh! I had that Invitation to Programming, it uses that other Track eith voices through the T.V. speaker.

(That old Times with the Learning Lesson on cassettes, always remmeber me English Language Lessons on a Tape I also had:

The Man is...

Now repeat with me: ... :D )

José Pereira.

do we have more than 20 people doing software projects?

not forgetting also:

Vega

Jon (Flashjazcat)

Pr0be

MaPa

Fandal

:)

That's about right that I've dropped off these lists of late. :P ;)

I had a good start to the year with some 5200 ports but little achieved since then except helping Sal occasionally.

Apologies for the absence, much potential in my source folders but I need to organise some 'focus' on completing some of them.

Regards,

Mark

In Chile there was a popular tape loader called Turbo Tennis, which can play a simple pong meanwhile the game was loading.

The "turbo" name was for the loading speed. Also as I mention in the following post, fifa09 till 11 has a similar way to play a little while the whole game is loading in background:

http://manillismo.blogspot.com/2009/04/fifa-09-tenis-turbo.html

Edited by devwebcl

do we have more than 20 people doing software projects?

not forgetting also:

Vega

Jon (Flashjazcat)

Pr0be

MaPa

Fandal

:)

That's about right that I've dropped off these lists of late. :P ;)

I had a good start to the year with some 5200 ports but little achieved since then except helping Sal occasionally.

Apologies for the absence, much potential in my source folders but I need to organise some 'focus' on completing some of them.

Regards,

Mark

Hmm maybe, we could reach the 20, Heaven set as "limit", but that´s only a very small number if you look to other systems.

I wish I had the time, I had back in the days. Maybe my efforts in getting deeper into the A8 would be faster. Having time to code is luxory for me todays - so only very small steps forward :(

e.g. I started working on a game like Bejewled in 2000, when no one has done it on the A8. Even today my game is not ready, but you have 2 in the ABBUC contest and one of it is based on a 1k programme (by matosimi).

TMR can code , surely not ;)

He's got finely honed scrolly shooter coding skills! :)

Because of the attitude that some people here have doesn't exactly motivate people to code for the A8, right now i'm not particularly interested in coding for the A8...

In Chile there was a popular tape loader called Turbo Tennis, which can play a simple pong meanwhile the game was loading.

The "turbo" name was for the loading speed. Also as I mention in the following post, fifa09 till 11 has a similar way to play a little while the whole game is loading in background:

Where can I find a Game using this? Or probably a Master to use in a game?

Thanks, never heard nothing about this. Sounds very interesting.

Greetings.

José Pereira.

• 3 weeks later...

Look for Hard-Software demo "Joyride" . They use to do "full" demos during Disk I/O.

The restriction is to have two 8 bit or one 16 Bit pokey channel available for playing sounds.... and, well, GTIA channel is available for playing digi sounds.

:ponder:

Hi, EMKAY was this one something you were trying saying on the past about Cassette or something like that another sound Channel?

Just posted at YouTube 1Hour ago:

Greets.

José Pereira.

Where can I find a Game using this? Or probably a Master to use in a game?

Thanks, never heard nothing about this. Sounds very interesting.

Greetings.

José Pereira.

Sorry but no one answer this.

Anyone have this game file?

Thanks.

José Pereira.