IGNORED

S-Video

GKC

How weird! this is the exact very thing I did by myself as custom-made RGB cable. In my case, I did the short cable thing in order to connect my stereo speakers, that at the time had an audio cord with 3.5 stereo jack. So I made the short cable with a 3.5 female stereo jack hanging out the connector going to the L/R audio pins on the Jag.

In your picture I can't see the plug type, maybe is something similar?

Has anyone heard from MTG lately? I ordered a Jaguar S-Video cable in early March, and followed his instructions to email him that I placed the order... as well as following up with another email a few days ago... nothing but crickets :P . I'm still supposed to email mtg2009, not mtg2011 or something, right? I hate to sound impatient... but I'm stuck on RF!!! That's TORTURE! ;) I'm really just making sure I'm not missing something... I figured if I hit the right email address I'd at least get a simple reply saying "received, will be shipped before next year" :) .

Thanks,

DogP

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up... I got an email from MTG last week saying that the cable would be shipping out, and another saying it shipped on Friday. I received the cable this afternoon (Monday), and it works great. The video quality is MUCH better, and well worth the wait, though a shipping estimate, and especially just simple communication would have been nice. I was mostly nervous because there were specific instructions of how to email to confirm the order, but never got any sort of confirmation.

DogP

Here's the thing, I have the components for building up to 8 new S-Video cables, the thing is more about shipping. I looked into the flat rate options and the lowest price I found was $15. If I could get a good price for them I would start taking orders. I don't have a store link for my website. But, do have a merchant PayPal account. If you could spread the word around and if I get enough people promising to pay for them, then I'll take orders. But, not to those just interested in an availability. I need guaranteed sales not just window shoppers. These ultra high quality cables are fully tested on actual hardware before they are quality approved.

So far the going price for building these cables is as follows: shipping and packaging will be $50 for international orders that's $35 for cable plus $15 for shipping...and Domestic US orders will be $45 which is $35 for cable and $10 for shipping.

I know it seems high and I wish I had the means to offer it at a lower price. I can't afford the $4000.00 it will cost to get them manufactured in bulk to bring the cost down a lot more.

So if I can get eight 100% positive sales via PayPal I will ship these out A.S.A.P....thanks.!

I have my prototype S-Video and I can never go back to the standard switch box image again...!

Here's the link to my site: http://bit.ly/JagSVideo

How about just shipping them in a padded envelope via first class mail? A cable should be able to handle the somewhat rougher handling, and it'd only be a few bucks to ship. As you know, price drives everything... I imagine it'd be hard to sell cables for $45 shipped when MTG is selling them for $25 shipped (though takes longer). Best Electronics is selling them for $45+shipping, but theirs has a "patent pending" "video enhancement circuit". :roll: Unless yours also has that, they've got the up at least from marketing... I mean... it has a 10% better picture than yours! ;)

DogP

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to get a hold of MTG (a8maestro)? I've tried the email address on his web page but no response in two months. I have noticed a few posts from AA users here that they have order Jaguar S-video cables from him and it has taken a while to get a response but I'm starting to wonder if I will get my order.

Edit: Ordered placed on April 1st. Hasn't been two months yet guess it just feels like it. Maybe April 1st wasn't a good day to place my order.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by NML32

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to get a hold of MTG (a8maestro)? I've tried the email address on his web page but no response in two months. I have noticed a few posts from AA users here that they have order Jaguar S-video cables from him and it has taken a while to get a response but I'm starting to wonder if I will get my order.

Edit: Ordered placed on April 1st. Hasn't been two months yet guess it just feels like it. Maybe April 1st wasn't a good day to place my order.

Thanks,

Mark

Well, I'm sad to say I broke down and bought a s-video cable off of ebay. Couldn't stand the RF box any longer and never did hear back from a8maestro so I guess I'll chalk that cable up as a loss. :x