IGNORED

Intellivision and/or Colecovision

DrThielegood

Hey all,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I am considering picking up an Intellivision and a Colecovision in the not-to-distant future. I'll,most likely, be looking for them in fairly nice shape (I'm spoiled since I snagged a Telegames Sixer CIB and in beautiful shape).

1. Can anyone give me an idea of what I ought to be looking for price-wise for these consoles (boxed/unboxed in nice shape).

or (and this is why I posted in the WTB section)

2.Is anyone selling one or both of these consoles?

Again, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Thanks

Edited by DrThielegood

First of all, good decision to get both! icon_smile.gif

The INTV will likely be cheaper than the CV, you can usually pick a good condition INTV up from ebay with a fair number of games for $40-$60 (loose system, often CIB games) and it's not uncommon to get one for $25-$30. CIB games are much more plentiful and cheaper for the INTV as well if you care about that. Boxed INTV's could run you between $50-$100 usually with a starter games pack.

There are a number of INTV models and versions - the original INTV 1 from Mattel, the Sears Super Video Arcade (detachable controllers), the Tandyvision One, a Sylvania/GTE INTV 1 version, the Intellivison II console from Mattel (smaller, with detachable controllers), the INTV System III and the INTV Super Pro System. There are another couple from Digiplay and Bandai which you'll likely never see. My favourite is the Tandyvision One as I find it to be more "solid" for lack of a better word although they are harder to find than most of the other models.

There are a couple of extras you may want to get as well. The IntelliVoice Module allows you to play voice enhanced games and usually comes as part of a package with the system (4 games for this unit, a fifth that requires the ECS Computer Module). The Computer Module comes with a keyboard and allows you to play a few more games as well. There is also an ECS Music Synthesizer and a System Changer that allows you to play Atari 2600 games on the INTV II.

As for the CV, it can go for as low as $30-$40, but will often be in the $50-$80 range depending on what it comes with as you'll often find one or more of the peripheral items in the package: the Expansion Module #1 (2600 Converter), Expansion Module #2 (Driving Controller), the Super Action Controller Joysticks and/or the Roller Controller. It's not unusual for a CIB CV to go well above $100 depending on the condition of the box and styrofoam.

As for where to get them I'd consider contacting Revolutionika to see if he has any INTV's for sale and Yurkie for his fantastic modded CV's.

Cheers.icon_smile.gif