IGNORED

New Dashboard out today

HammR25

I didn't have any trouble downloading it.

Clearly a Kinect enabled dashboard.

There is a new version of Netflix as well. Frankly, this is an improvement. It might just be the connection speed but I seem to have better picture quality with this version and speed changes have been quicker so far.

I also like the movie layout better, I always hated the blades display.

They must be getting hammered by all the people updating their dashboard.

I didn't have any issues with speeds. Although I guess I didn't try and download anything like games or movies today and I updated hours ago maybe beating the after work/school crowds.

In fact I was thinking how quick and infrequent 360 upgrades are. It's nice to have a system update that only takes around 5 minutes to download and install and only happens once or twice a year. Sony should take note. Nothing lamer than wanting to kick back and play a quick game and having to wait 20+ minutes to update your system.

So far the new dash does indeed look cleaner and does seem quick. (Although accessing video content off your HDD though the Zune front end is still ridiculously slow)

Still not much here for me, this update was no doubt mainly for Kinect.

So it's finally out? Good

I was in the beta and they were making us do what felt like a 10 minute redownload and installation of the dashboard about every other time you started up the console (I guess they were tweaking the software and releasing a new build of it almost daily). Glad that will be over with.

I think I prefer the new look. I didn't really care about the new features like ESPN3 (Doesn't look very good, and since I'm a TWC subscriber, I don't get access to streaming of live events, just highlight reels and such).

Edited by Atariboy

So it's finally out? Good

I was in the beta and they were making us do what felt like a 10 minute redownload and installation of the dashboard about every other time you started up the console (I guess they were tweaking the software and releasing a new build of it almost daily). Glad that will be over with.

I think I prefer the new look. I didn't really care about the new features like ESPN3 (Doesn't look very good, and since I'm a TWC subscriber, I don't get access to streaming of live events, just highlight reels and such).

Yup 6:30 EST every day there was an update. Msot of the daily updates seemed to be Netflix and Zune updates.

I did notice that some avatar stuff we purchased no longer works with the new dash.

Love the new look. It's cleaner with less 3d eye candy which is good IMHO. My update failed (they must have been getting hammered) so I DL'ed the update and put it on a USB drive. Updated both of my 360's without issue after that. Can't really comment on the new Netflix or ESPN 3 since I don't have a gold account right now. Really don't need either of those features anyway since both of those services are available as plugins for my media center.

I've been watching ESPN3 on my TV for a while now. Usually quality is pretty good, and its nice to get all of the regional games rather than just whats on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC.

Love the new look. It's cleaner with less 3d eye candy which is good IMHO. My update failed (they must have been getting hammered) so I DL'ed the update and put it on a USB drive. Updated both of my 360's without issue after that. Can't really comment on the new Netflix or ESPN 3 since I don't have a gold account right now. Really don't need either of those features anyway since both of those services are available as plugins for my media center.

I've been watching ESPN3 on my TV for a while now. Usually quality is pretty good, and its nice to get all of the regional games rather than just whats on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC.

Can you download the update manually to a usb stick? I have another 360 I'd like to update. Is it in preferences somewhere or online?

Thanks for the info. I'll grab it and update the other system. Very cool.....

After it updates and reboots, you'll get an e-71 error. This is due to the usb stick still being inserted in the console and trying to reinstall the update you just installed. Turn off the 360, remove the stick and boot it back up. All should work fine (this happened on both of my consoles).

I got the new dash, and now all I have is (some rather ugly white and green) boxes and one line for my console. Where is the other stuff, like how to get on live, the music stuff, friends lists and all that crap now? I know I pretty much didn't use any of that, but it would be nice to have access to it still sometimes.

I got the new dash, and now all I have is (some rather ugly white and green) boxes and one line for my console. Where is the other stuff, like how to get on live, the music stuff, friends lists and all that crap now? I know I pretty much didn't use any of that, but it would be nice to have access to it still sometimes.

when i updated it didn't automatically connect to live, i just pressed the dashboard button and selected connect to live. or you can go to where you select your profile under my xbox and click on connect to live. it should give you a TOS pop up.

now if the update screwed up you might need to clear everything out and re try it.

I had to actually sign in to get to all of the other stuff IIRC.

Zune, last.fm, etc... all have updates as well.

I checked out ESPN. There wasn't a lot too it really.

No college gameday or BCS programs which is what I had hoped for.

ESPN wil be the content from ESPN3 plus some sports center clips. it's pretty great for watching out of market teams. Especially if you like college FB and BB.